MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

Not I. But I did pick up a madras fabric shirt from eBay which I love. I think it is from ‘15 or ‘16. Not much jumps out at me either from the new stuff. Although the restock of the Lot 64s in the Okinawa denim has me itching for a pair. 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, ecsong187 said:

Anyone grab anything from the newer MF collections? I haven’t really been into the last few collections. 

Have the naval chinos San Pablo. I like them very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely selection... I find a lot to like this year.

I like (but do not need) the Mecano jacket. That HBT fabric is lovely, but it's a bit too light / open for a coat in my experience (I have the Belleville in the same material).

The Tonkinoise in dble indigo & ranch blouse in midnight look great.

The olive cord jeans look great but the sizing will have to be tip-top, given the lack of belt loops...

The tea-core Campus looks awesome, and so does the Mulholland, esp. when oiled (or waxed).

• 3 weeks later...

Just a word of warning so people can avoid any disappointment.
I found these MF tiger camo swim trunks in Japan and bought them recently. They looked like this when I initially got them:tiger-shorts-sorry-front-lrg.jpg?crc=379
And I wore and swam in them twice, and now they look completely different. Guess I have desert tiger camo swim trunks now? :mad:
You can see the original color still holding on at the waistband...
ctJs0BL.jpg

@kicks79 it was a chlorine pool, which I'm thinking that's the culprit. I just wish I could've gotten more than two wears out of them before such drastic color change.
By comparison I've had the indigo stripe swim trunks from MF for years and they haven't faded nearly as much after a lot more wear.
It won't stop me from wearing them, I was just hoping they would stay a little more green for a little while.

15 hours ago, Pedro said:

Is it wabi-sabi or just an error in the choice of dyes?

Well, I would say its simply the chlorine bleaching the fabric. My friend has had the same shorts for a few years now, with no problems.

I've had boardshorts bleached by chlorine pools before. This one pair of light blue ones that almost became see-through springs to mind! :blush2:

That’s why I find it kinda weird that I swam in them twice and they look totally different. I don’t think the pool I was swimming in was that heavily chlorinated, but I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Broark said:

That’s why I find it kinda weird that I swam in them twice and they look totally different. I don’t think the pool I was swimming in was that heavily chlorinated, but I could be wrong.

Have you emailed Mister Freedom about yet?  Might be worth it to let them know about the shorts changing colors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM