MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

@longshanks my OG CPO hits me the same way. Front and back are long enough that it looks to need to be tucked in, yet the sides are too short to do so. Maybe we have a natural waistline that does not work with the MF CPO cut?

I’m unfortunately facing the fact I probably won’t wear mine except how you do in the third picture, and that’s not my look.

Might be selling time.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The MF CPO is a very unique cut. I too found that it must’ve been designed to only be worn tucked in. But I rarely do that so would wear mine un tucked and could never decide if I like how it looked or hated it  haha 

I lost a bunch of weight so had to sell my 10A CPO. 

@MJF9 It isn’t a super heavy fabric so it could be tucked, the only problem I run into is what @ShootThePier mentioned in that the side gussets are really high, so that only really works with my higher rise jeans. It really is a cool shirt though. I’m thinking about giving it a hot soak just to see if it shrinks up anymore but I’m a little worried that that will put the side gussets even higher. 

A bit of a dilemma... to the points above, I just saw some tucked fits with high rise trousers that looked pretty good. Seems like that's the way to go or maybe rock it carefree, layered as an overshirt - after all, it's good looking enough to get away with almost anything.

Here some fits from 2012.  It pretty much looks like your fit pic from the previous page @longshanks. I'm not one to tuck it in, as the fabric started very stiff and even though it's softened a lot over the years it's still pretty thick. The length has never bothered me or even crossed my mind. I don't wear it to work much, I could, but it's my go to when getting out of town. It's seen a fair share of rowing, hiking and camping. The small patch on the back is due to an ember that jumped from a campfire I had my back turned to. I wear it on it's own but also love it as a jacket over crew neck sweatshirt.

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 1.41.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-14 at 1.49.27 PM.png

2 hours ago, JDelage said:

When is the Spring & Summer collection likely to come out?

SS19 starts to ship in about 3 or 4 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really that much stands out to me at first glance.
I like the Secoya and Berkley red/blue check but that's about it. The Dude Rancher in black without the embroidery might be cool.
If the McKarsten in indigo linen didn't have the band collar I'd probably be interested in that too, but I can't sand band collars.
Maybe one of the Marina polos for something different? I haven't worn a polo in probably ten years...

@YossarianRaw I do have the Blouson de Quart. I think it’s worth the price tag if you value the little details MF is known for. Also it’s a very warm jacket, I don’t get to wear mine much to be honest given that it is fully lined. But if you like the styling that’s a little different twist on the usual deck jacket and live where it’s cold I’d say go for it. 

22 hours ago, Broark said:

@YossarianRaw I do have the Blouson de Quart. I think it’s worth the price tag if you value the little details MF is known for. Also it’s a very warm jacket, I don’t get to wear mine much to be honest given that it is fully lined. But if you like the styling that’s a little different twist on the usual deck jacket and live where it’s cold I’d say go for it. 

Thanks a bunch. I definitely value the details and I own a few pieces already. 

I’m in Scandinavia, so I’d find plenty of use for it. Right now I’m layering my wool coat with a denim jacket (t shirt and heavy flannel underneath), so I’d wager it would fit well for our winters.

Edited by YossarianRaw

19 minutes ago, JDelage said:

This looks big on you... Maybe because the pic is taken unbuttoned.

Shoulders are a touch big for sure, which I wanted for easier range of motion. A 40 would not have fit my gut I'm afraid with buttoning this one. 

This is one wash, though I am tempted to hot soak it and rid it of any shrink that may or may not be there. 

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM