MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone comes across a secondhand pair of Lot 74s in 31x32 please let me know. I had a package containing a pair I bought from someone in California stolen off my porch last night. Local USPS is refusing to help beyond telling me they believe the mail carrier more than they believe that the package was not on my porch when I got there less than an hour after it was marked delivered. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to SENY today, ostensibly to help a friend pick out a new pair of jeans, and ended up with this Mister Freedom shirt for myself. The fabric is a nice lightweight chambray and the shirt has this excellent bright green stitching hidden throughout (I'm always a sucker for the weirder details in MF stuff)

IMG_20180304_151926.jpg

IMG_20180305_022507.jpg

IMG_20180305_022529.jpg

IMG_20180305_022541.jpg

IMG_20180305_023007.jpg

• 1 month later...

Catching up on recent releases...

F4906562-EDBF-4C61-B523-6D529AA64E3F_zps

C960220F-01BC-4EAF-9B8F-E160E3C82873_zps

[/URL]s1176.photobucket.com/user/KPFoxy/media/Mister%20Freedom/Lot%2064/Organic%20Cotton/W34/7BA5DB6F-2AFE-4B5F-A47A-502EABB7BD85_zpsv44lotqi.jpeg.html]7BA5DB6F-2AFE-4B5F-A47A-502EABB7BD85_zps[/URL]

82FE4A6B-ED85-45E7-A739-3482A71992D3_zps

B92D2C71-E7FD-4833-BB34-B20DF758A769_zps

E4CE68DB-5C98-4D34-B745-99B8BB3DFD57_zps

7EA21452-0723-4CEE-93C7-BE50E0398AE1_zps

I guess they used to be more of an acquired taste because of their styling and not a ‘pure’ Japanese brand as such. There are quite some collectors out there hunting for specific items from older collections and limited edition pieces.

however, I believe all of their garments are highly regarded for their quality of fabrics and workmanship. In some cases the workmanship is pushing the prices up...

over at DenimBro the thread used to be a bit more active, but it seems a couple of the regular fanboys have gone slowly quiet.

I believe the new special denim fabric each season is distracting or confusing to some people.

Got most of their Lot.64 editions:

Lot.64 - standard edition

Lot.64 US - Uncle Sam/California Surplus edition

Lot 64 OK - Okinawa edition

Lot.64 E - Presidential Election edition

Lot.64 BB - BB (buckle back) Okinawa Edition

Lot.64 ORG - Organic Cotton Edition

Edited by Foxy2

Anyone here owns the blue chambray Naval Chinos? I just received them and I'm curious how much they might shrink in the wash. I soaked them; they're still a bit loose. (Super happy with them though; they're going to be great this summer.)

My understanding is that the Lot.64 is a type/cut of Jean and Denim Jacket. 

Well...both blue denim pieces, and the Okinawa/ Presidential is to do with that iteration's fabric, sometime the place of origin ie. Okinawa is a Japanese fabric (sugar cane) and Presidential is a US (NOS) fabric or made in America. 

The cut or design of the pieces hasn't altered a great deal, maybe refined but pretty much the same.

I just saw the FW18 collection and there is a piece that's melting my mind... I cannot wait to own this thing.

It's a jacket, it retails for $950, and it's not a type you've seen before from Christophe, that's all I can say.

I just copped three pairs of denim on a recent trip....64s organic no’s cone, 74s and speedways. still working on some greasers and full counts so don’t even have the heart to soake em yet....btw the black speedway denim is lovely 

Edited by kbuzz

I have a feeling that MF will be my next pair of jeans. Lot 44, 54, and 64 all look really good on screen/specs. Their sportsman chinos also look great. I'm looking forward to trying them out on my next trip to L.A.

Edited by OliverB

On 4/7/2018 at 7:39 AM, Foxy2 said:

Catching up on recent releases...

F4906562-EDBF-4C61-B523-6D529AA64E3F_zps

C960220F-01BC-4EAF-9B8F-E160E3C82873_zps

[/URL]s1176.photobucket.com/user/KPFoxy/media/Mister%20Freedom/Lot%2064/Organic%20Cotton/W34/7BA5DB6F-2AFE-4B5F-A47A-502EABB7BD85_zpsv44lotqi.jpeg.html]7BA5DB6F-2AFE-4B5F-A47A-502EABB7BD85_zps[/URL]

82FE4A6B-ED85-45E7-A739-3482A71992D3_zps

B92D2C71-E7FD-4833-BB34-B20DF758A769_zps

E4CE68DB-5C98-4D34-B745-99B8BB3DFD57_zps

7EA21452-0723-4CEE-93C7-BE50E0398AE1_zps

This is the pair i picked up as well...almost too nice to start wearing...lol

got them through the washer and they came back with some pretty amazing texture - need to take pictures over the weekend...

the colour is not for everyone, but it's some of the last Cone denims. not sure if I'll start breaking them in anytime soon.

5 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

got them through the washer and they came back with some pretty amazing texture - need to take pictures over the weekend...

the colour is not for everyone, but it's some of the last Cone denims. not sure if I'll start breaking them in anytime soon.

Please do 

just curious. Why did you do a wash as opposed to a soak ?

Edited by kbuzz

I almost always do a machine wash without soap at low/medium temp & spin (30 or 40C & 800 or 1000RPM) - depending on the results I might increase temp and/or spin and, potentially, add a round of machine drying/tumbling if max. shrinkage is desired.

Personally, I prefer to get rid of the shrinkage from the start. I don't mind pleats or wrinkles - I don't mind softening of fabric - I don't believe that the above regime at low temp and spin (w/o tumbler) dramatically reduces fading potential.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried the Californian last time I was in Pronto in BKK. I didn't buy it because I wasn't very impressed by the denim. Had no texture to it at all, like the stuff you got at the discounter before the 20 bucks distressed trousers avalanche came. 

The fabric after wash looks absolutly great. Thats just the photo or the denim that changes so much?

10 hours ago, Schorsch said:

I tried the Californian last time I was in Pronto in BKK. I didn't buy it because I wasn't very impressed by the denim. Had no texture to it at all, like the stuff you got at the discounter before the 20 bucks distressed trousers avalanche came. 

The fabric after wash looks absolutely great. That's just the photo or the denim that changes so much?

I was wondering about what would happen when I got the raw pair - the denim was a very tight weave and extremely uniform/plain.
things really came alive after the wash. the denim is still very tight and stiff - I would have to put in some wear to see it this residing starch and how the texture will evolve.
to bad I'm busy with my TCB's...

9 hours ago, kbuzz said:

Kinda makes me think about using the wash first technique described above rather than the usual 20 min cold soak on my pair 

Since the denim stayed stiff, I would think you only gain from washing this pair...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got myself the Belleville jacket in indigo herringbone. I hope it doesn't shrink too much in the cold soak because the fit is near perfect as it is. Picked it up from SE's warehouse sale. It's a superb deal at that price.

I've been wearing these Lot 64 Okinawas off and on for about two years, I think.  Mostly in the summer.  Probably four or five handwashes in the bathtub.  I'm about to throw them in the washing machine for the very first time.  (I handwash because I like to keep my denim as dark as possible for as long as possible, but I know it doesn't get all the dirt out so...)  Wear patterns are from daily bike riding (including a pretty serious crash in these) and a tendency to sit cross legged on the floor.  This is my first time posting pics to this forum, so please insert all of the usual caveats and apologies here.  Be gentle.  EDIT:  I should mention that I threw six pairs in the wash today, and took "before" pics of all of them.  Will be posting throughout today and maybe tomorrow in the appropriate threads; I hope that's ok.

IMG_1203.thumb.jpg.4c2c3526b5d19d6359699aec74eed880.jpg

IMG_1204.thumb.jpg.c50a6fab40064e880e9696c78daa3960.jpg

Edited by owlofminerva

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM