MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone give me the measurements for their *washed / soaked several times* garrison twill shirt? I'm trying to get a sense of how much they really shrink. The numbers on MF's website don't make sense (L size shrinks 1" in the chest but XL size only shrinks 1/4 inch). Mostly interested in chest & shoulder measurements for the L or XL sizes.

Inhale, exhale just got an Okinawa Ranch Blouse in the mail. I've had my eye on one for some time and the jacket in hand is really something. Loads of details topped off with great Sugar Cane denim. Great service and denim chat with the team at Rivet & Hide @Danny @ Rivet & Hide.

Pre-soak pics... soak underway now so I have my fingers crossed...

IMG-20171116-WA0008-1-1.jpg

IMG-20171116-WA0004-1.jpg

Thanks @Broark! I'd definitely say go for it ! It's a special jacket - lots of features without being overtly showy imo.

I've just done a  30 min warm soak and quick spin - there is significant shrinkage to factor in... 
P2P 2.5 cm
Shoulders 1 cm
Length 2 cm
Opening 3 cm
Sleeve 4.5 cm

Mildly anxious it's going to be a tight squeeze for me now!!! Hey ho will do some prayers and get cracking on wearing it in tomorrow when it's dry...

Yes @bartlebyyphonics! It's that kind of jacket - thanks.

@ThisSunday's white one is consummately cool as! A proper Sunday special. 

The good news is it fits in its post-soak damp state - though now very snug and a little shorter. Was never any good at waiting for things... but think I'll avoid the dryer on this occasion :)

I thought I'd add a couple of post-soak pics (hope I'm not innundating the page!). As you'd expect it's snugger in the chest, shoulders and opening and a good bit shorter in length. The arms are a much better length now. Must say I'm happy with it.... now onto breaking in the reassuring crunchy-ness...

IMG-20171117-WA0010-1.jpg

IMG-20171117-WA0003-1-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, DeafKate said:

Love it. MF really nails their jackets.

What shirt is that?

Shirt is from Proper Cloth. A mtm company. Fabric is from Albini I think but out of stock atm.

Raw state the jacket was pretty frumpy but after that hot wash and dry it shrunk to perfection on me. My first denim jacket and I'm loving it.

In case this is helpful to anyone, here are the measurements of 2 of my MFSC shirts, both of which have been through a warm wash cycle:

Garrison, olive denim, XL:

Shoulders - 19

P2P - 22.5

Length - 31

Waist - 22.5

Sleeve - 26

Workman, HBT, XL:

Shoulders - 19

P2P - 23.25

Length - 31

Waist - 22

Sleeve - 25.25

8 minutes ago, CAL415 said:

I really like that jacket and I’m thinking about getting it in Cone. Did you take your usual MF size? 

I have that one in the NOS Cone, too. My usual MF size is 38 but I took it in 40, didn't want it to come up too short. Sleeves also came out perfect for me and would have been on the short side with a 38, but YMMV on that.

If you don't mind shorter length and don't want to layer too much under it your usual size should work fine. For comparison, I have the Mulholland Master in 38 and 10th Anniv. CPO in M and they fit great.

@CAL415

For outerwear I don't have a usual size as that's my first MF jacket. Took a size 38 based on the charts. Reference I'm 5'8 and at 170lb (weightlifting so maybe not a good reference for you). Took it based on the sleeve length and shoulders.

For shirts I'm actually M-L depending on fabric shrinkage or lack there of. 

Edited by ALB

9 hours ago, Cucoo said:

I have that one in the NOS Cone, too. My usual MF size is 38 but I took it in 40, didn't want it to come up too short. Sleeves also came out perfect for me and would have been on the short side with a 38, but YMMV on that.

If you don't mind shorter length and don't want to layer too much under it your usual size should work fine. For comparison, I have the Mulholland Master in 38 and 10th Anniv. CPO in M and they fit great.

5 hours ago, ALB said:

@CAL415

For outerwear I don't have a usual size as that's my first MF jacket. Took a size 38 based on the charts. Reference I'm 5'8 and at 170lb (weightlifting so maybe not a good reference for you). Took it based on the sleeve length and shoulders.

For shirts I'm actually M-L depending on fabric shrinkage or lack there of. 

Both tips are really helpful. Thanks!

MFSC shirt measurements, for those who might be interested. This is probably not super useful as I think they're out of the XL...

Garrison, midnight denim, XL, post warm wash + spin:

Shoulders - 18.5

P2P - 23

Length - 30 1/8

Waist - 22.5

Sleeve - 25

• 2 weeks later...
  • superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM