MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 26.4.2017 at 9:49 PM, Mvk190 said:

There are some good offers at Maritime Antiques - I got a pair of sea denim Malibus :P

Thanks for that link - just received the mechanic sweat and a madras shirt, totally bitten by the MF bug :ph34r:

I got the sweat in S, probably would have needed an M but I'll hold off judgement until it's cold enough to wear it to see how it'll look after some stretching and pulling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21 maart 2017 at 5:20 PM, Broark said:

So the soak didn't do much to the fit of the jacket, so I put it in the wash for a little bit on warm and it turned out perfectly.
G5Gfh0U.jpgSNg51z3.jpg

Belated question: how did you size this gem? Mister Freedom themselves suggest sizing down, but I'm not sure that is the way to go. So I wonder what you did, because you seem to have nailed the fit after a wash.

54 minutes ago, rocco said:

Belated question: how did you size this gem? Mister Freedom themselves suggest sizing down, but I'm not sure that is the way to go. So I wonder what you did, because you seem to have nailed the fit after a wash.

I didn't size down, went with my normal MF 44/XXL. I wanted it to be a little bit bigger for layering but I think it came out pretty perfectly.
It does feel a little big around the waist/bottom of the jacket, but I like how it came out. I think the shoulders would've been too tight if I sized down.

I'm sure it would, but I honestly haven't gotten many opportunities to wear it so far. It's already 90 degrees in Austin. The arms are setting in nicely but I've probably worn it less than 5 to 10 times.

• 2 weeks later...

Also picked up the appaloosa yesterday! Been an exciting couple days for me! 

Very stiff, but softening up nicely- can't wait to watch this baby age. I plan on getting a lot of mileage out of this thing over the summer. 

ADgU7sj.jpg

IqCfObf.jpg

Probably how I'll be wearing this during the warmer months:

Pazw2Bz.jpg

wwxKMDX.jpg

And from last night with SC2014 and 70s Chucks:

tF9uZ1u.jpg

So here is my midnight Appaloosa. I'm not sure how many wears or washes but it wasn't worn much until about two months ago when I said fuck it and started to wear it to my construction job. Because of this I actually saw some honeycombs pop out (they're still kinda hard to see). But ya thought it would be worth sharing. IMG_1929.thumb.JPG.c8f168fc1a6baf705adc13005c951b5b.JPGIMG_1924.thumb.JPG.20e0f7b384ea03fef2fc36ec0a6932c9.JPGIMG_1925.thumb.JPG.c8434398e37a807bc97f1b65b6758f41.JPGIMG_1928.thumb.JPG.0afe548d1b50bbcb9e987cfaccb0a38f.JPGIMG_1935.thumb.JPG.b82db8c99062dd801921e319fc544d49.JPGIMG_1927.thumb.JPG.4a20c593faefaee4a74cdd6e59aca6ab.JPG

Received the skipper jacket in navy today. This is a size 38 and it's very trim fitting, I got it thinking I could replace my  AI M65 for use in rainy spring and fall weather but I need to see if I can fit more than a thin shirt under it. It's an awesome jacket either way, great details everywhere you look and the 100% cotton popeline certainly feels and handles a lot nicer than the cotty/nylon mix of my AI M65. It has raglan sleeves so it's very comfortable to wear and the fabric is so light and soft to the touch it makes you doubt any windbreaker properties. Summer is getting in full swing here so it'll be a few months until I can tell if I'm really happy with it.

I'm not sure if I actually will go forward with the shrinking routine MF advises on this jacket, according to the measurements shrinkage is minimal in a cold wash and this isn't a fabric you'd be concerned about any fades with...

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

If you can't make it work, have you considered switching your motivational technique from McGregor's theory X to Y? It's also worth considering where the sweatshirt sits on Maslow's hierarchy of needs in order to back up your approach.

• 3 weeks later...

Took delivery of one of the last pairs of trooper boots today. Took a total gamble on sizing (MF says half size down from sneaker size - but I wear US9 in CTs and US10,5 in Vans, so yeah) but the 9,5 fits. Can't wait to start breaking these in!

I totally love the selvedge denim drawstring bag they came in, too.

DSC_0470.thumb.JPG.0bce208c6f8806ed778bbb972f5cd016.JPG

DSC_0474.thumb.JPG.127dd4ab0f9d9c96fe2adfd65a87c8bf.JPG

IMG_20170703_173531_589.thumb.jpg.0a871495f018a2a854867b358a165d0b.jpg

Ranch Hand shirt :D I don't really know how it happened, but over the last few months Mister Freedom suddenly became the most prominent brand in my closet... it's far from a collection but two jackets, two t-shirts, three shirts and a pair of boots are more pieces than I own by any other brand besides Levi's. (More €€€ sunk into it, too :D)

DSC_0647.JPG

DSC_0648.JPG

Yeah, size small. It fits great everywhere but the sleeves - could use a few CM in length. Seems to be my specific sizing problem with Mister Freedom, kind of the same story with the Indian madras shirt I got recently. Going up one size would make both shirts too long to wear untucked...

On 10 July 2017 at 4:40 PM, Broark said:

Speaking of Mister Freedom pants, Christophe published a really cool blog post featuring a bunch of pants he's worn over the years.
Fifty Shades of Mister Freedom. :D
http://www.christopheloiron.com/fifty-shades-of-mister-freedom-a-leg-ornamentation-retrospective/ 

very nice

so many variations...

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM