MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

On 25/02/2017 at 4:11 AM, Broark said:

The Veste Belleville is the closest I think to ever landing a Veste Ouvrier, looks really nice.

Nice jacket but I'm not sure about those buttons? Are they really in keeping with the style?

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, maybe they'll tone down with some wear? I'll wait to see more photos before I make the final call.
Also, the Sportsman preview is up. The new conductor jacket in the Malibu denim looks pretty cool.

Edited by Broark

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the new indigo herringbone jacket from the Gypsy Blues collection, this might be the most indigo saturated piece of clothing I've ever owned.
Tried it on for a few minutes and my fingers were totally blue. I received it raw so hopefully a soak will shrink it up a little and settle the indigo.
As of right now the fit is a bit big, especially through the sleeves. But I think it should shrink a little, based on the PSA measurement comparison between the O/W and raw versions. It's super cloudy outside right now so the lighting sucks, so bear with me. 
Also I was a little worried about the weight, as it is supposedly 15 oz. but it definitely doesn't feel that heavy considering it's mostly linen. I think this will be a great spring/fall jacket for me.
ront6Yv.jpg
xsWr6d9.jpg
YhwQOK5.jpg
3HJbaHd.jpg
IV9gVAM.jpgmfyHywZ.jpg
This indigo bleeding it just from handling it for a few minutes!
aeqEC7R.jpg

Thanks, I'm very happy with how this one turned out.
Seems pretty close to the Veste Ourvier with some slight design changes.
Soaked it and it turned my sink blue, hopefully it shrunk just a tad. I'll post updated pictures once it's dry.

Thank you guys, I'm really happy with how it has turned out. I might even get the other fabric at some point.
It feels quite substantial and every bit of 15 oz. but since it's mainly linen it isn't very warm at all. Perfect for the climate here.

I have never handled MF stuff, but they seem to be of high quality. Anyone have the Sportsman chinos? Interested in the new season hbt but I'd like to get confirmation from someone that the stated sizing is accurate.

• 2 weeks later...

I received the Anniv. CPO today. It's drying right now after a lukewarm soak and spin dry. Fit is good in shoulders and chest, but what is up with the length? I measure 74cm (29,1") which a bit longer than every official measurement I came across. 1-2cm more length doesn't sound like much but to me it can make the difference in liking how a shirt fits. Didn't really plan on tucking this monster of a shirt, I'll have to see how it looks once it's dry.

False alarm :blush: I think the length is ok. I'd prefer the tails to be a bit shorter, but I can definitely live with how it looks.

This is one hell of a shirt, but besides the high armholes (only really a problem when getting it on, having to stuff t-shirt arms down) it is really pretty comfortable considering the stiffness. It looks a lot slimmer than it feels, I actually have room for further belly growth in here :D

2017-04-13 08.28.09.jpg

2017-04-13 08.27.26.jpg

On 4/13/2017 at 11:09 AM, Geeman said:

Looks spot on to me @Cucoo I'm considering the indigo denim garrison shirt.

The Garrison shirt is pretty cool. Thick fabric with great details, but I'm having to sell mine due to sizing issues.

I recommend the shirt, just be careful on sizing. I could not get mine to shrink as much as the website suggested that I would be able to.

What size are you selling.

I tried the large on and it was really big, the shop told me it would shrink a lot but I didn't want to risk it. Glad I didn't reading your comments. Does Mr Freedom size in line with Sugarcane? I'm a medium in nearly all Sugarcane, I find them close to western sizing. 

On 4/16/2017 at 3:18 AM, dudewuttheheck said:

I could not get mine to shrink as much as the website suggested that I would be able to.

Having the same issue with a pair of pants. Maybe they'll shrink more in follow up washes....

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM