MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

thought i'd jump on the wagon...anyone selling a 36 drover blouse?  wool or denim...

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aho, I haven't had much wear on my Appaloosa yet. Tried to start wearing it more but it's been well over 100 degrees here every day lately, so I'll likely start wearing it again once the temps drop!

Broark, I feel you on that, Austin is too hot for denim shirts! BTW, my bad on not getting back to you on insta, I was only there for a few days and it was a bit of a rush!

misterh, much appreciated, I'm actually about the same as you but suspect they'll lose a ton of color in the wash given how much they lightened up after the first. Sort of the reason I'm keeping it dark for the time being...

Broark, I feel you on that, Austin is too hot for denim shirts! BTW, my bad on not getting back to you on insta, I was only there for a few days and it was a bit of a rush!

misterh, much appreciated, I'm actually about the same as you but suspect they'll lose a ton of color in the wash given how much they lightened up after the first. Sort of the reason I'm keeping it dark for the time being...

how do you deal with the smell?

Hit the shop today and, as usual, great conversation with Tom. I love going in there. Those guys really know their gear and are always incredibly helpful. Didn't get anything but I've added to my "get list".

No worries aho, next time you're in Austin give me a shout!

Might actually be in your neck of the woods down the road, my sister and her husband recently moved to Chicago.

Also I think someone asked above about the Skiivy vs the Stanley tees, the pattern is the same but the Stanley fabric is lighter and a bit more clingy. I'm still planning on picking up a few more of the tees, some of my favorite.

Also been mulling over some Lot 64 Okinawas...

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me why mister freedom, and in the past sugar cane, manufacture stuff in USA? I would think that not only is Japan where their proprietary textiles are, but mf's very complicated pieces would require the skills of jp. Any insight?

Edited by SuperJackle

I would imagine it being a combination of two things, at least concerning Mister Freedom.. It seems to be a very repro-driven brand in a way that I see as more concerned with capturing the spirit of a particular group of people in US (and I believe Mexican and French) history, and it does so in a way that most Japanese repro brands are somewhat more distanced from.

The other reason may be that Christophe Loiron has strong ties to the US, as he's based there, and this could influence how easily he can both visit and work with his production, the benefits of which might surpass those of manufacturing in Japan. I'd also imagine it could just be out of a spirit of patriotism :P

Anyway, most of that is me guessing from what I know of the brand, as well as http://www.misterfreedom.com/made-in-usa.htmlwhich gives some good hints too. Maybe someone else has a more conclusive answer!

^Hmmm my Made in USA 1966's are my toughest/most robust jeans I've worn and they didn't have a split thread anywhere even when being worn hard with no washes for a year. I guess ones mileage truly varies!

BTW, I threw my Appaloosa in the wash today lol...

Edited by aho

Ah that's makes sense. Still, I think I read on db or something that the USA made canes from a few years ago were shit quality. I could be wrong though.

Made in USA jeans from Sugar Cane are and always have been of the utmost quality.  Almost to a point where it's hard to believe they were made in the US.  (not a knock on made in US garments, just being honest in my experience here). 

SC shirts which were made in the US are a different story altogether, i found the stitching to be sloppy and had to stop ordering them for our stores.  MF's shirts cannot be made in the same factory as the quality control is far better and the patterns are far more complicated than anything SC does.

Edited by kiya

^Hmmm my Made in USA 1966's are my toughest/most robust jeans I've worn and they didn't have a split thread anywhere even when being worn hard with no washes for a year. I guess ones mileage truly varies!

BTW, I threw my Appaloosa in the wash today lol...

Congratulations haha!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sucks when you have to come to terms that certain pieces don't work for your body frame. I love the ranch blouse and have been looking at it for a while now. Finally got to try one on it just doesn't work. Way too short for my torso. I know that's the fit but my torso is too long. The jacket ends way short on me and isn't flattering at all. What a shame.

SOS... looking for a brown mulhallond master sz 44 cash in hand.

That's not for you i'm guessing?

• 3 weeks later...

Any tips on sizing with the ranch blouse?

I've been looking at them more and more and I'm pretty tempted, but a bit worried about the body length.
Basically what Ciabatta said above is what I'm kind of worried about. But I really like the look and details of the jacket.

The measurements on the MF website worry me, 23 in. length on the rinsed size 42 and they don't have the rinsed size 44 length posted but the raw length of 26 and 3/4th in. seems a bit more realistic.

If anyone has either a size 42 or 44 and is willing to post measurements it would be much appreciated.

I have the Lot. 64 in a 40 and the rinsed measurements on the MF website are spot on. My jacket is 23.5" in length and 22" pit to pit. I usually wear a 42, but I went with the 40 since I wear jean jackets unbuttoned 95% of the time and wanted a slimmer cut. 

It's a short jacket, but the only time I notice is when I'm wearing jeans with a low rise. I love the fit as long as I'm wearing jeans with at least a 11"+ rise. 

Thanks for the reply cusswords, I think I might stick with a 44 so far. I saw the photos of yours and it made me want one even more.

I'm not too much worried about the width, more so the length. If it comes out a bit big I'll be able to layer more with it.

But like you mentioned it should be better with higher rise jeans, and most of the jeans I wear lately are mid to high rise.

Leaning towards the Uncle Sam edition, but I haven't found a 44 in the normal Lot 64 so kind of narrows it down.

I'm guessing it's not a very warm jacket? That's a good thing for me, I'll get more wear out of it that way.

The Okinawa fabric is obviously spectacular, very three dimension and full of character. You'll get an amazing, deep fade from it, and it will change more often.

HOWEVER, the Uncle Sam issue may be a more timeless pair that will be less dedicated to a certain look, more versatile. Just my thoughts. I love the cut of those jeans.

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM