MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

So as I'm back in this game after being out for a few years, (hope you still have my old cpo tmadd) now I'm looking to rebuild a collection, so anytime any of you are sellin old stuff in big sizes let me know!

And maxamillion, they were a one wash but brand new with tags never worn! It was a crazy find!

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel compelled to comment on the 'piece' issue. It's a piece of clothing. A term that has been used for many, many years. As tmadd put it, not precious at all. Picking up on that when using words like amazing and beautiful is the ultimate in inverted pretentiousness. I wonder where a lot of people would be on the internet if they were banned from using the words amazing and beautiful to describe jeans. I wonder whether people actually know what the word amaze means. 

Like I said before, I totally get how calling something a "piece" could just refer to it as a piece of something, anything.  I only mentioned my opinion because I don't believe I've ever heard anyone say "just picked up my first flat head piece" or "my first sugar cane piece."  And that's interesting to me... maybe it's because in many ways Christophe could be considered an artist, and as a result the things that he produces could be considered his pieces.

Also, I don't think that it's that far-fetched to be calling clothing around here beautiful.  Maybe amazing is a bit of a stretch, but when you compare it to say some true religions.... yeah.

Mister Freedom Lot. 64 “Californian†Blue Jeans

qx27.jpg

Mister Freedom Lot. 64 “California†Blue Jeans definitely is the highlight of 2013. A bit straight pattern with fine parts. Believing that it will be sold out soon because of the demand of market.

kgnn.jpg

â€œMarlon Brandoâ€, the classic character of the 50’s spirit.

13 3/4 oz but the high density, you will see it after a while wearing.

The leather label is empty this time for people who wear it can create own label.

3y9y.jpg

The “M†shape with single thread is the represent of this collection.

tol9.jpg

The pattern is a bit straight.

31kg.jpg

The distinguishing feature of MFSC Jeans:

The buttons are oxidized and look like the old button on vintage pants of 50’s.

fk0.JPG

Non-traditional rivet as reinforcement.

2ixi.jpg

ut2r.jpg

kvcg.jpg

High-waste fabric as selvage.

re17.jpg

I ordered a pair of the Lot. 64s last night. I'm hoping that the fit approximates closely that of Dr_Heech's LVC 1963 551Z; judging by the handful of photos I've seen on the MF site and elsewhere, it certainly appears as though the new Californians fit similarly to the '63s below. Unfortunately, though, I have a feeling that, in terms of the sizing, the Lot. 64s are going to pose a problem for me. If I do end up keeping them, I'll have to remove the MF arcs as well as the Wrangler-like leather patch (which, to be honest, I do not like.)

denimbrotoday018.jpg

Edited by josh mullen

I'm with you, the cut of the jeans and the quality of denim is superb, but the back pockets are just not for me.

That's the beauty of Mister Freedom, designs full of character that you love or hate, which is the biggest compliment I think one can give a designer.

If I produced an article of clothing, the absolute worst reaction would be "... it's alright...".

It's not very warm, the lining is cotton - it's fine for early fall in NY and perhaps colder days in LA. I haven't worn mine in the rain, but it should be ok for drizzle to light rain.

I ended up giving my size 38 Lot. 64 Californians a cold soak, followed by five or so minutes of agitation in the washer. Prior to hanging them up to dry, I measured the waist -- It shrunk down from 40.5" to roughly 37". I needed them to shrink quite a bit...hopefully they did. In any event, I'll be soaking them tomorrow once they've dried completely. 

*Edit

Okay, so, they've finished drying...and yeah, they shrank as much as I needed them to. In fact, I've decided to forgo the second soak I had planned.

Pre-soak (BIG-style): Waist -- 40.5", Rise -- 14", Upper Thigh -- 14.25", Hem -- 9.5", Inseam -- 36.5"

Post-soak..................: Waist -- 37.0", Rise -- 13", Upper Thigh -- 13.50", Hem -- 9.1", Inseam -- TBM

Edited by josh mullen

so a hand full of you guys have had your Riders hemmed by Denim Drs.  Any suggestions on approximate costs and turn around would be extremely helpful. PM me if you want. Thanks

Okay, so, they've finished drying...and yeah, they shrank as much as I needed them to. In fact, I've decided to forgo the second soak I had planned.

Pre-soak (BIG-style): Waist -- 40.5", Rise -- 14", Upper Thigh -- 14.25", Hem -- 9.5", Inseam -- 36.5"

Post-soak..................: Waist -- 37.0", Rise -- 13", Upper Thigh -- 13.50", Hem -- 9.1", Inseam -- TBM

What did the inseam end up coming to? Trying to decide if I should head over and pick some up now, or wait until they release the 32 inch inseam. 

• 2 weeks later...

MFSC American Sportswear Fall 2011: The Ranch Blouse

This is the 2011 version with leather label and NOS denim fabric.

The size-picking is so weird due to the different shrinkage rate of each denim fabric. I'm 6'3" and usually wear size 44 jackets. But I picked a size 40 for the Ranch Blouse (Thanks John for helping me pick the right size; the staff of Mister Freedom are really helpful and friendly :) ). The new Lot. 64 Ranch Blouse should not have such a issue because only one fabric is used. 

10705801824_71fb975b1b_c.jpg

10705628095_9e57e7d392_c.jpg

10705768666_a4ba4b745f_c.jpg

10706018603_248e23e154_c.jpg

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM