MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

anybody finds the mister freedom website dont work properly on ipad?

Correct, only the first two pages are visible i believe, can be annoying sometimes when you want to check out older stuff.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any experience of the hickory striped rodeo/ranch blouse from the F/W 2011? I would like to know how much it shrinks upon soaking/washing. I know people had all sorts of experiences with the ranch blouse and it's odd sizing across the board. The jackets were not rinsed at the store so it's new to MF guys too! Thank you.

Does anyone have any experience of the hickory striped rodeo/ranch blouse from the F/W 2011? I would like to know how much it shrinks upon soaking/washing. I know people had all sorts of experiences with the ranch blouse and it's odd sizing across the board. The jackets were not rinsed at the store so it's new to MF guys too! Thank you.

Mine did shrink quite a bit after two soaks. I did not take measures, so I couldn't tell you exactly how much. I went with a 40, which is still a bit on the roomy side - might have listened to John, who advised a 38. Odd sizing indeed. But it's ok now, and a nice jacket it is.

Thanks rocco, what size would you normally wear in mf jackets? For example I am 42 in deck jacket (usually XL in shirts) but got a 38 ranch blouse. Looking at the 40 for rodeo blouse.

My veste ouvrier is a 102, which translates to a large I guess. I have a Flathead type 1 jacket in 42, a Stevenson saddle horn jacket in 40 and a Buzz Rickson hook deck jacket in 40. Usually L in shirts. Sounds like a 40 will work for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I just joined the ranks of road champ owners (pics tomorrow). Bought 'em for the HWBC, and I have a quick question for you guys: the foot opening seems gigantic around the ankle, and even after punching new holes in the ankle strap, my heel is a little loose. The length is absolutely perfect, and I know sizing down would leave my toes scrunched up. Anyway, I wanted to see what other owners of road champs did to make them more snug around the ankle. I have a feeling that some wear will help soften the ankle and let the strap better do its job. Thanks for your help!

That's just an issue with engineer boots in the beginning. Over time it will either a) seem like less of an issue or B) the boot will mold a little more to your foot and it should also go away.

If it doesn't, try punching one more hole in the strap and tightening further (it may seem unlikely, but you can probably get it a bit tighter).

I also punched extra holes for my Road Champs, and they fit very well after some wear plus the extra holes.

Thanks for the tip, I figured the tough leather would take some time to break in. Other than that, they seem like excellent boots, and I'm honestly amazed that MF has any left in stock.

Its more of an issue with the sole not being broken in and flexible yet than it is the leather. Once the sole has more bend to it the heel slippage will go away.

Its more of an issue with the sole not being broken in and flexible yet than it is the leather. Once the sole has more bend to it the heel slippage will go away.

Ah, that makes perfect sense. It also gives me an excuse to wear these bad boys...no idea how I'm going to spread 30 days of wear out until May.

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM