MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks very good.

Is that the Chambray in black?

And I have a question regarding the Road Champs: They're black originally, right? On most pictures they look very brown, though. Is that generally the way the black evolves with the leather on good engineer boots or thanks to the special colouring process of the Road Champs?

On the MF site it says:" The black leather will fade with tones of dark brown/chocolate/olive."

The colour looks really unique. Nothing like a simple brown or aged brown one like this RedWing http://www.redwingam...gineer-copper-r

regarding the colour,its hard to explain,but pretty much a brown

mine are reddish brown,some parts dark chocolate

On the theme of old pieces, does anyone recall a leather bag by MF, thick shaggy cream and light brown leather with the words ;Motor Crew' on one side and 'Freedom Cycle' on the other? Im sure Ive seen it somewhere before (maybe here but missed it).

Brian, do your lot 54 fit you tight in the waist, or do you have some room? Do the 44's seem bigger raw than your 54's raw, thus the reason for sizing down 1?

I tried on the 33 because I always felt that a 33 would have been a better fit. I feel like I have just a little to much room in the waist on the 54. I know that the 44 are going to be offered in diffent fabrics. But the ones I tried on were of the same denim.

I stacked a pair of 54s in a 33 right next to a pair of 44s in a 33 and check waist, rise and leg opening. I did not see much if any of a difference.

Also the American 44s have really sharp cinch strap prongs. Watch out for that. The Japanese version will have the safety issued ones like the lvc pants have.

Hope that helps.

Flatpattern, the Mulholland master is not that heavy. I think it would be perfect for your climate. It's also the nicest jacket Ill ever own. It is good to layer when it gets really cold, but is warm on it's own.

agree! Also, the more you wear, the more it conforms to your body. most of my MF wear have this unique quality:

mullholland3.jpg

thanks so much for the pics and info guys. i think i'm going to go for it, was going to buy two smaller pieces but I think I would rather have the jacket. Now I just need to decide on the color, I have a black motorcycle but that brown sure is tempting. Speaking of MF gear forming to your body, that mechanics sweatshirt just keeps getting better and better.

Love that mulholland master. been on my list for a while now.

i bit the bullet and bought an NOS chambray in red to compliment my green one. sized this one in a small rather than the medium that i wear in the green. turns out it's just a bit too small... the bottom of the shirt just pulls a bit too much to close flush with the placket. going to see if they have my size in a medium red, but in the off chance someone wanted to trade a medium red for a small... do let me know!

I just picked up the 44s in P16 (unsanforized LHT). Beautiful fabric and great subtle details. I suggest folks consider the lht that the 44s are offered in. They are P14, P16 and P18 I believe. There isn't much left, so jump on it soon if you plan on getting them. The regular cone denim that the 44s are offered in is great as well. i am considering picking that up as well, as a back up and maybe some comparisons down the road.

I picked up the 44s in p9. No idea which denim p9 equates to. There were a few rinsed pairs on the rack in the MF store and these felt pretty good, quite heavy and slubby. Tried them and they were a perfect fit in a 34. Tried another pair in 33 (labelled lot 44) and they werent a bad fit either, good in the waste but a slimmer look which defeats the object of these jeans. I could have bought the pair of 34s I tried but decided to take a raw pair with me. Not doing the soak yourself just isnt right?! Im usually between 34 and 36 in most jeans so I was mightly surprised to get into the 33s after soaking but then Ive no idea which denim it was. Felt like it would stretch a bit.

I picked up the 44s in p9. No idea which denim p9 equates to. There were a few rinsed pairs on the rack in the MF store and these felt pretty good, quite heavy and slubby. Tried them and they were a perfect fit in a 34. Tried another pair in 33 (labelled lot 44) and they werent a bad fit either, good in the waste but a slimmer look which defeats the object of these jeans. I could have bought the pair of 34s I tried but decided to take a raw pair with me. Not doing the soak yourself just isnt right?! Im usually between 34 and 36 in most jeans so I was mightly surprised to get into the 33s after soaking but then Ive no idea which denim it was. Felt like it would stretch a bit.

made me chuckle

from the MF site

"* FIT: Based on the general silhouette/image of the “BRMC†blue jeans of the Wild Ones (1953). Traditional mid-rise, “tubular†silhouette legs, fit seat.

These blue jeans are NOT skinnies, as we don’t dig the ‘men in tights’ or “girlfriend’s jeans†thingy."

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM