MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

So, I have the feeling that the ranch blouse runs a little long in the arms and torso, but nevertheless I found a way through it and I am loving this jacket.

Somewhat normal method. I don't like the length so much.

Here is the jacket the way I have been wearing it mostly. This makes it fit more like a standard 506/507 Levis denim blouse. I have basically rolled up the sleeves and bottom band.

Edited by rnrswitch
no images

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you hot soak that jacket yet, RNR? I hate to say it, but cuffing the body looks a little goofy.

I have three different chambray utility shirts, and they all fit drastically different. Fine with me, though.

Edited by zissou

Did you hot soak that jacket yet, RNR? I hate to say it, but cuffing the body looks a little goofy.

I have three different chambray utility shirts, and they all fit drastically different. Fine with me, though.

Yeah, full on hot soak with agitation. In general, I think the proportions to these jackets, except for Eltopo's apparently are a bit off. May have to do with the different denim options. In general, though, all the jackets I saw at MF had similar sizing and apparently there weren't too many 36s made, otherwise that would have been my option.

Cuffing the body isn't too awkward, for me that is. Ehh whatever.

Edit: Also, I love the fact that you can pos rep your own posts. It is akin to "liking" your own posts on facebook.

Edited by rnrswitch

To those washing the heck out of their chambrays, why not just have it tailored? It's not too expensive really.

I like to wear it tucked in. Would be nice to be able to wear it untucked but don't want it coming untucked when I do. Catch 22 I guess. Also Christophe has a super rad one in his shop on a mannequin that I hope mine will one day look like. Not really going for high contrast fades on the arms of my shirt either.

all the same size, but different fabrics?

about sizing the Road Champs; i thought the consensus was sizing down a half size? Also thats what John recommended to me. I hope thats correct because otherwise i've ordered the wrong size...

slab you are probably right about the half size. stingray great job! tiro and I thank you for ending our indecisiveness and saving our money... for the moment. If they don't work out for you shoot me a PM. I am really kicking myself for not grabbing them at first sight.

flatpattern brave choice. you seem to have a more flattering fit. not to long in the arms and waist.

great fit flatpattern, i like denim jackets short, but i tjink thissundays and switchs look still great though they are longer in the body. i thought it would shrink much more. the cone ones seem different.

good luck with the roadchamps stingray, soz that I negged u, it's out of pure jealousy... :blush::P

anyhow, if the consensus is to size down half a size on the roadchamps they woulda been too big for me, sounds like we're the same size though...

For the road champs, stick with your red wing and wesco sizes.. don't size down a half. The last used for the RC is half a size bigger than your normal shoe size.

well no RCs for me I guess, no size for bigfoot

======================================

x-post

088c6cbe.jpg

levis/mf54/white's ----- need ranch blouse.....

Edited by rkusmant

speedways arrived today. girlfriend took one look and gave me the "you don't' seriously like those, do you?" look

haha, i get that look often from my wife; i've learned to embrace that look

well no RCs for me I guess, no size for bigfoot

======================================

x-post

088c6cbe.jpg

levis/mf54/white's ----- need ranch blouse.....

your whites are beautiful. the western stitch on the toe is great, never seen that option offered before. if you dont mind me asking where did you get those? what combo are they? i get overwhelmed when i go to their site. your right a MF ranch blouse would top it off.

Speedway Pique, 1st fit pic (2nd day). SU1 (these are 32, I'm a 31 in most everything Japanese):

img0920xu.jpg

Pictured after a warm, machine rinse and warm, hang dry (over a heating vent in my cramped bathroom). I'd given them a cold rinse Sunday but still wanted to get out more shrinkage, so rinsed them again (very warm-nearing-hot) yesterday and am happier with the fit. Problem is, I first tried them on 3 weeks back, when I was 10 lbs heavier (if you've never heard of small intestine bacterial overgrowth, count yourself fortunate) so they still fit slightly bigger than I remember then, but I think the 31 would still be too tight, and anyway I should be adding some weight back sooner than I'd like...

There's so much to love about these fuckers. High rise; fabric; detailing; perfect, vaguely tapered leg. The only drawback is the (DS Gripper) zipper, but with the waist cinched enough, it doesn't bulge badly. Depending on how much scratch I have left after impending Holiday sales, I may very well get the Black too.

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM