MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's not used, that's just flair :D

looks good G. Now you gotta get the Veste Ouvrier. I'm telling you it's the nugs.

Do you guys thing the Veste Ouvrier when paired with the matching Pantaloons could make a sort of cool, yet casual suit? I need a suit for friends weddings but want something that I see as cool. But they are all really casual weddings, so I was thinking about MF or Engineered Garments. But I can't find a good pant to pair with the EG jackets. :(

You can do a bad ass Flat Head denim suit like Kiya

I think the MF idea would be amazing, but a bit pricey. With that money, you have very many suiting options. You might upstage the groom rockin' out the MF garb, though, don'tcha think?

It's like a female guest wearing a super revealing dress...a big no no

Wait, I'm a MF advocate...yes! Buy the Veste Ouvrier and Pantaloons : )

landed my champ boots

size 11

not too much to add but better in the flesh

...just curious - what size do you normally wear? I have been thinking hard about putting myself on the list for these. I'm just over an 11.5 on the brannock. Do you have to pay up front for those MFs? I keep telling myself to just get the Alden cordovan pitt boots and call it a day but with the recent Alden price hike I'm thinking it's only a little more for the Road Champs...

...just curious - what size do you normally wear? I have been thinking hard about putting myself on the list for these. I'm just over an 11.5 on the brannock. Do you have to pay up front for those MFs? I keep telling myself to just get the Alden cordovan pitt boots and call it a day but with the recent Alden price hike I'm thinking it's only a little more for the Road Champs...

In an Alden 405 im a 10.5 EEE,i dont think i could have managed a 10.5 in these,being a pull on i couldnt get my chumpy foot thru the bend,like big brown slippers to wear

11 out of 10 from MF

Wait, I'm a MF advocate...yes! Buy the Veste Ouvrier and Pantaloons : )

I also have a wedding, so the same thought crossed my mind -- as I don't have a suit -- but I'm not sure what you'd do for a jacket. I'm no stickler for rules, but matching vest and pants with a random jacket is not something I've never seen, and it sounds like it would look weird. If it's casual you could have 3 different pieces, one of which is either the vest or pants.

It seems odd he would make fancy evening clothes but not release a jacket.

You could nix the jacket all together if it's casual, but ya might end up looking like a repro bartender.

All that being said I would love to have my mind changed.

The Veste Ouvrier is a jacket...

I think it could work, but you'd have to be sure to wear a shirt and tie, or you'd it would be too casual.

The Veste Ouvrier is a jacket...

I think it could work, but you'd have to be sure to wear a shirt and tie, or you'd it would be too casual.

i should make a rule for myself not to post before i've eaten my breakfast.

I took the Vest oveur to be the vests which match the pantalon apache.

so any thoughts on that are appreciated

All this talk about the Pantaloons made me curious since i had not seen these yet, so i decided to look these up and damn..... so lovely!

The prices on Rakuten for the Pant and Veste Ouvrier ain't half bad, still anything but cheap though.

img57513802.jpg

img57513803.jpg

img57513805.jpg

Do you guys thing the Veste Ouvrier when paired with the matching Pantaloons could make a sort of cool, yet casual suit? I need a suit for friends weddings but want something that I see as cool. But they are all really casual weddings, so I was thinking about MF or Engineered Garments. But I can't find a good pant to pair with the EG jackets. :(

Since it will be casual, I'd opt for the striped top and indigo bottom. The fabric is cotton, so a matchy-matchy might look sort of hacky. Plus, the stripes will look great in the summer. Also, indigo top and indigo bottom could quickly go from super hip to chain-gain chic.

i should make a rule for myself not to post before i've eaten my breakfast.

I took the Vest oveur to be the vests which match the pantalon apache.

so any thoughts on that are appreciated

Oh, I see what you mean now... I think it would be fine to go with matching trousers and vest, with a different jacket (although the biribi may be a little too casual for the rest?):

32JUG.jpg

6ed7q.jpg

UZSy7.jpg

Hmmmmm... I'd like to convince my self it would look alright. I do agree the Bribi is too casual and you'd need to pick up a real jacket. But like i said, i've seen the 3 piece suit where all three item are different, but never the same pants and vest. For me the concern is those 2 items have a matching stripe pattern, so i assume you go for a solid jacket, then there's all the other items that you have to balance color and pattern wise. I think it could be pulled off but it's no doubt a new approach and would require a careful eye. don't want to end up looking a like an optical illusion.

So I have the original non Troy versionof the Peacoat which has been cold soaked once. If I cold soak it again, will there be a lot of shrinkage? I guess I'm asking how much shrink people have gotten out of their peacoats. Mine is already a lil on the snug side but want to make it pop a bit and make it a bit cleaner with a soak.

I was considering doing an indigo apache suit or a striped apache suit. But the striped top and indigo bottom idea by Cash is very interesting. I will DEFINITELY be wearing a crisp button down and tie with this outfit.

Now I have a third option thanks to Cash. It's getting really difficult to choose!

And yes, it will be expensive, but I'd like to get pieces that I can wear individual of the suit throughout the year. That way I just dont buy a suit to wear twice a year and sit in my closet the rest of the year.

So I have the original non Troy versionof the Peacoat which has been cold soaked once. If I cold soak it again, will there be a lot of shrinkage? I guess I'm asking how much shrink people have gotten out of their peacoats. Mine is already a lil on the snug side but want to make it pop a bit and make it a bit cleaner with a soak.

I would do a cold soak, just to be on the safe side. Did you get much shrinking already? Both that I have soaked shrink rather dramatically, so I had to keep a close eye on them.

In an Alden 405 im a 10.5 EEE,i dont think i could have managed a 10.5 in these,being a pull on i couldnt get my chumpy foot thru the bend,like big brown slippers to wear

11 out of 10 from MF

worth noting a dude i work with wears an 11.5 in everythin but has a 12 in the Champs,the extra length is kind of chewed up by the rather pronounced heel

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM