MISTER FREEDOM

thinkfilm28

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm confused about the denim on these - it makes no sense! i know that the warp/weft was swapped, but shouldn't they be indigo on the inside? the inside looks like the inside of normal jeans and the outside looks even more white. but there's still indigo threads mixed in there, and blue is popping out in weird places... what's going on?! someone break this down for me...

Break it down like in this post?

My explanation for the backside of the denim looking just like normal denim is that when you look at the backside of any denim, what's noticeable are 2 fairly similar diagonal lines, one being the warp (normally indigo) and the other the weft (normally white). Having swapped those doesn't all of a sudden change something in the weave, it just swaps the colours of the yarn. But, when looking at the back those look very similar anyway, so it still looks like the backside of any regular denim.

Makes perfect sense!

Hey Kiya or anyone else that might know, are there anymore of the Shore Shorts available anywhere? a second run maybe? Was just randomly clicking around SE found them, then noticed the big sold out button =/

I don't think any store in the world has those any more.

I'd say the shorts are the rarest and most sought after item MF has ever released, we sold out of two runs instantly and it's the only item we STILL get emails about every other day.

Hey Kiya or anyone else that might know, are there anymore of the Shore Shorts available anywhere? a second run maybe? Was just randomly clicking around SE found them, then noticed the big sold out button =/

Hinoya still has them in all sizes

I don't think these have shown up on this thread. Also on hinoya.

img56001538.jpg

Bought my Cargo Jeans on Thursday last week, and haven't taken them off since... Did a quick hot soak and wore them from slightly damp until dry... The fit is great and I love the pockets. Pics soon!

Bought my Cargo Jeans on Thursday last week, and haven't taken them off since... Did a quick hot soak and wore them from slightly damp until dry... The fit is great and I love the pockets. Pics soon!

bill, i too will have a pair in my possession soon!!! i can't wait.

Break it down like in this post?

My explanation for the backside of the denim looking just like normal denim is that when you look at the backside of any denim, what's noticeable are 2 fairly similar diagonal lines, one being the warp (normally indigo) and the other the weft (normally white). Having swapped those doesn't all of a sudden change something in the weave, it just swaps the colours of the yarn. But, when looking at the back those look very similar anyway, so it still looks like the backside of any regular denim.

Makes perfect sense!

well, i feel dumb! i read that entire post with your shore jacket (and every other one in this thread), but i guess i just had some mental block about the swapped warp & weft. without thinking it through, i just kept equating opposite = inside out. i think my lack of knowledge about the particulars of denim manufacturing (especially how, exactly, the warp & weft threads are woven together) is to blame.

it's embarrassing how hard i had to visualize this to understand, but i broke it down that regular denim is roughly all indigo on the outside and half indigo on the inside, so by swapping the warp and weft, these shorts are roughly all white on the outside and half white on the inside, right? regardless, i just want to repeat that this denim is a delight - there are already big blotches of hazy blue popping out. as my wardrobe in the past 5-10 years has shifted almost entirely to indigo from the waist down, these are a refreshing alternative.

like he said :-)

i hate to be that guy that asks the question. but this a big purchase for me . so i wanted to get it perfect. i am in between sizes , a med is too small and xl is too big. then if the large shrinks too much then i am screwed. i know a lot of you are very knowledgeable about this stuff. i am very thankful for all of the input. will post pics once i have pulled the trigger.

You could also get a Raw large and only briefly soak it, to get it to shrink down some but not fully. Since it's not an item that you'll be washing a lot later on. You can also decide to only handwash it cold from then on or something.

The good thing with unsanforized denim is that you have shrinkage somewhat in hand.

Remember that it is a vest and it also depends on how you wish to wear it, over how many layers, perhaps also to be able to pop it under something else every once in a while.

Hope that helps somewhat.

if you really wash/soak the garment you will usually end up with one size below the tagged size, that is why you should buy a xlarge if you want the large measurements. it's a rule of thumb, but worked perfectly so far with mr. freedom!

... or, as mentioned by cotton, you take the large and never soak or only do a cold soak. nevertheless, if a large cannot shrink any bit more on you - there are only two options:

(1) buy xlarge and shrink it

(2) buy large and never let water come near it - never!

You could also get a Raw large and only briefly soak it, to get it to shrink down some but not fully. Since it's not an item that you'll be washing a lot later on. You can also decide to only handwash it cold from then on or something.

The good thing with unsanforized denim is that you have shrinkage somewhat in hand.

Remember that it is a vest and it also depends on how you wish to wear it, over how many layers, perhaps also to be able to pop it under something else every once in a while.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Thanks cotton. Do you think you could post the excat measurements of your hot soaked large?

My raw Large, shrunken in the tub with the hottest water from the tap and line dried.

Post soak and wearing if for about 1,5 months:

Chest: 41

Vertical lenght: 24.5

Shoulder width: 17

So, apart from the chest which has probably just given an inch after wearing it over several layers, button holes stretching a bit etc, the measurements are exactly like the raw Medium measurements on Self Edge.com.

So once again, it seems that in any of Mister Freedom's items for post soak measurements look at the raw measurements of one size down!

Post soak XL measures like a Raw L

Post soak L measures like a Raw M

Etc...

i should have gotten a xl instead of an large in the vest =( anybody want to trade?

Yes, trade my XL CPO plus some of my cash for your Large Signal Vest.

:)

I cannot wait until my Shore Jacket arrives. Very exciting stuff.

Can anyone guess some details on this new leather jacket for fall?

Yes, trade my XL CPO plus some of my cash for your Large Signal Vest.

:)

I cannot wait until my Shore Jacket arrives. Very exciting stuff.

Can anyone guess some details on this new leather jacket for fall?

let me rephrase that, does anybody want to trade an xl signal vest for a large signal vest :)

tech, you'll love your shore jacket.

as for the leather jacket, i see stars.

Milwaukee or Hinoya still have some as well, but they seem to mostly be one wash.

That said, if you are looking to buy something that Self Edge still has in stock, you can't beat kiya's customer service...

Nope, the next season isn't being released until October...

• superfuture changed the title to MISTER FREEDOM