Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

He started off with a small WordPress blog a few years ago, but transitioned to a professional site doing 'denim consultation'. He is certainly enthusiastic.... But his reviews are pitched at a different audience, and has the traffic to back him up in terms of getting brand sponsorships.

Edited by mikecch

To be fair, IMO the review of The Denim Hound (who is he by the way?) is way more over the top than what BOW writes :)

Just trying to get a little more information.

Available only what we could find.The next step-the purchase of jeans.This will be enough,no need for additional information....a full understanding of the subject.

:P

^ Ha, the funny thing is, yeah, not supposed to tell but not for the reasons you might think.

Will post details in Tanuki thread.

It bothers me that I have to look at three threads to keep up to date with Tanuki stuff, so let's keep it to the main thread.

Seems like the crotch seam is not felled - probably something one could do in order to avoid the technical complications with thicker seams/seam allowances or when missing the right machines...

overlock stitching on the back seam seems a bit weird

Maybe, it's a prototype?

Edited by Foxy2

• 2 months later...

Trophy Clothing, another motorcycle centric clothing brand out of Japan, posted this on their Instagram today that I thought was interesting

image_zpsghzggxjw.jpg

Trophy does ship to USA.

Edited by mlwdp

Has anyone hear of Worker's studio? The jeans in question have a typical Levi's homage paper patch but instead of horses pulling apart the jeans there're 2 frog princes. Laurel leaf donut button and zip fly. I've only seen them online and I wonder if anyone has handled them and can comment on quality?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard of Carnivores Soul, they grabbed my attention on Instagram because they offer a 26oz denim for $96! Im very tempted to pull the trigger and see what happens.

Has anyone heard of Carnivores Soul, they grabbed my attention on Instagram because they offer a 26oz denim for $96! Im very tempted to pull the trigger and see what happens.

Have no experience with them personally, but I follow them on instagram and their products look really good. Super cheap price for some heavyweight denim.

Have no experience with them personally, but I follow them on instagram and their products look really good. Super cheap price for some heavyweight denim.

I was about to pull the trigger but for some reason my card wouldnt process through western union, which is the only way to pay them, so I took it as a sign to hold off. Im going to be watching for their new line and grab something then.

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2016 at 4:04 PM, itschrisb said:

Chris,

I did the same thing! I was looking for some new denim liked the idea of a smaller more unknown brand but with that comes some risk. I didn't really think they would be as inexpensive as they are listed for. I reached out to them on Insta and on email to try and get an estimate for shipping and wanted to make sure they had my size in the cut that I wanted as the stocklist looks like it has only a few sizes of each cut in stock. I personally was looking for a lighter-weight option so i went with the 15oz Golden Claw in the slim straight cut size 30. Measurements matched up basically exactly to my 3sixteen SL-121x with a slightly shorter rise and more tapered by a bit from the knees down. 

On 12/28/2016 at 7:20 AM, itschrisb said:

I was about to pull the trigger but for some reason my card wouldnt process through western union, which is the only way to pay them, so I took it as a sign to hold off. Im going to be watching for their new line and grab something then.

I got a quick response from Carnivores Soul and the golden claws were actually listed at $66 USD (880000 IDR) but once you factor in shipping to LA $48 USD it came out to $114. Then you add on the Western Union fees and taxes my final total was $144 USD. I was super excited about the denim so it was fine for me and I realized I was taking a risk not having tried these on and having to just go with their measurements. 

Chris I also had an issue with my credit card not working through Western Union so I just linked my checking account to Western Union and it worked super easily. I worked with Fadhil to get the transfer taken care of and the shipped it off once I sent them my tracking number for the bank transfer. Jeans came in 3 or 4 days to Los Angeles.

The fit was perfect. I am 5'7 145lbs i got the size 30. I don't have supper skinny thighs so sometimes the typical slim fits can be just too much, like my APC Petit Standards but these are slim without being uncomfortable. Plenty of room in the rise area which i was supper happy with also. Overall I am really happy so far. The material is fairly textured with some fuzz and hairs sticking out but overall a really nice feel. Let me know if there are other questions or if you want to see other pictures. 

-Mike

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

FullSizeRender (4).jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_7563.JPG

• 3 months later...

How I like to see this thread popping up on top again!

However, I hardly doubt the brand you mention is from Japan, judging by the wild ultracontrast fades alone I could bet it's an Indonesian brand. Nothing against it, but there's an appropriate Unknown NON Japanese Brands topic for that.