Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

Yup, pretty sure most of it's made in China now.

We had one cardigan from them that was made in the US that I really liked, but we sent it back because all the cuffs were sewn with a tension that was incredibly high and made them flare out in a weird way instead of just laying flat like a cuff should.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, POV

As for me, I have only unpicked the arc stitching once__ when FlatHead 1st came out with the new swirly arcs on FH350.

Aside from the quirky, distinct brand arc designs, I'd like to give credit where credit is due. Quite a few times I get the " Nice Levis! " [or some sort of] remarks & sometimes peeps get the courage to ask where I got the Levis w/ a somewhat different looking "pocket design"__ so I try to give them some deets ... basically, some keywords to google.

Sometimes, recognition by fellow enthusiasts become an icebreaker__ that's how @edmond [a.k.a. Demonito] & I met @some mall in Manila

Edited by BrownMetallic

^ This!

I think those look great Bobbo.

Out of curiousity, what's the interest in unpicking the arcs ? 

I do understand your points Hog and regarding most brands I'd side with you. This time though I think the arc design is hideous, haha. So if I'm ever going to put some wear into them I'll bring out the seam ripper first.

In this particular case (vintage denim) I would say that unpicking reduces the value (ideal or re-sale) of said pair - I would not buy an unpicked vintage/2nd hand pair.