Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm going to let my Denimbridge Lot.2 go.

They are much more of a repro 47/55 etc cut with a very generous rise (compared to Lot.3) but they are simply too big.

I'm already signed up to get a smaller pair of the next batch as I rate them very highly, and Shingo has been great to deal with.

He's looking to enter the Denim world Champsionship in his as well.

I've machine washed them and worn then a couple of times but they aren't working for me really.

The construction, fabric and details are excellent.

Size 34 with a 35" inseam (I think)

Open to offers/ discussion about them. They were a bargain new at retail and Im not looking to get a full price for them.

Pictures of my fit are a couple of pages back, and in the Denimbridge blog.

Give me a shout if you're interested.

• 1 month later...

I saw a pair of the 46 Miura's pop up in their shop, size 36.

But 41,040 yen is a high asking price. They look very nice though.

Don't need any more jeans right now, gotta keep telling myself that!

• 3 weeks later...

will try my best to describe :)

3EF8BB89-95EE-4414-87AE-B672B32AD678_zps

the 16oz denim is on the slubby side. but not as slub and rough like the Strike Gold 51xx.

1BB675B9-68AF-430A-8290-D1E21C6D63A1_zps

the top button is different from the rest of the 4

5848B503-4352-4B8C-BDBA-D912A2A2046C_zps

from the look of it, its iron button with copper back. 

F3898CAC-C79A-4B9D-BF5D-B11238BE2551_zps

the Universal rivets are un-marked front, "universal" at the back. 

865C596D-D7BD-4281-82F1-7A0313D189AA_zps

unlike the original 1947, they used offset belt loop. there is also no "rope insert" inside. 

D32FEE7E-9D48-44BF-969F-3D1976121358_zps

the red tab is double-sided and has not rolled up after wears. 

7704DCCA-3DBB-4115-B90B-CDF70688A78F_zps

according to Yoshi-san, he used 5 different sizes of yarn threads to construct a pair of pants

5561A516-51ED-4A86-838F-B4D2689E52A5_zps

double orange-lined selvedge id looks rather nice.

impression:

the 16oz of this 409xxx (1947 model) doesnt feel as hot as it would. we got the one-wash model from japan and although its not true to tag size, (am wearing a size 32 on porky's 66, IH-634/666, FC-1108xx etc) but after few days the size 33 stretched out and fit rather nicely now.

the stitch job all around the pants seem pretty solid. no loose ends around the inside of the pockets or anywhere else. looks like its developing some good roping effect too around the hem. 

overall, its a very comfortable pair of jeans to wear daily. plan to rotate this with the porky's 66 for the next few month.

Yoshi seems like he would be incredibly meticulous with his sewing, and not surprised to hear about the varying threads. But that looks beautiful, can't wait to see them worn in!

I stumbled across Deluxeware while browsing rakuten, and am interested in the DX076A cut. Anyone have experience with this cut or brand?

Ed, I saw you have a pair. What are your opinions on them? Do they shrink or stretch a lot? 

Edited by d-rew12

Bro rhe dxo76 is ? All i gave is their Ww2 cut and the 50's cut with the hidden tab...

Ww2 fabric is different its dipped in rust and smells like rust! Stretches but not too much. I love the ww2 they have...

^ I was super interested in the f151's since the denim fades beautifully but I don't think i'd be a good fit for me (just too tapered), and wasn't a huge fan of the other fits. But I'm going to give them a second look on rakuten. Also I wish Fob Factory used more button flies on their jeans. 

Edited by d-rew12