Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

/\ hi Mich, no, it's been 9 days as well so I doubt I will now. I'll try via an alternative e-mail address.

Was there anything you wanted to know specifically or were interested in?

No not really, just the fact if they ship international, they have a lot of stuff which i tend to like and i am considering picking up a pair of their One piece of rock jeans in future.

Yeah really liking them and they seem to fade pretty nicely too.

Think it's unlikely too, but like you said once they get more requests they might eventually.

hi all

never got a reply from Genoa jeans unfortunately, so I just tried to reach them via proxy..

meanwhile here some stunning fading samples of their Genoa TCB collab

o0389058112357345635_zps03bb39bb.jpg

o0389058112524090146_zps41d078cf.jpg

o0581038912524092679_zps8196c6c6.jpg

and here's a fit

null_zps1061e55f.jpg

null_zps0ab48bee.jpg

not bad at all I'd say! looks nice, not too high waisted and not too low, not too wide at the bottom. a good cut that should work well either with boots or with a nice pair of brogues and a tweed jacket when needed..

It is terrible to see how addicted I am becoming to denim, Jaysus... :wacko:

In a desperate attempt to reach the Genoa Jeans guys re-Genoa/TCB collab (no luck either via proxy nor via their email address) I got in touch directly with Hajime San at TCB.  Hajime Inoue is the main man behind TCB. The collab model is no longer available, but it turned out that Hajime is a super nice guy, and speaks a perfect English. We swapped several emails about his models, fits and sizing advices and at last I decided to pull the trigger and buy one of his models instead. I went for the 60's model. I had a really oustanding communication and service from him so far, and I reckon the jeans have a very fair price seen the quality. He also offered me a free chainstich hem!

I wanted to try the Genoa Jeans but I am not particullarly keen on WWII models myself, and also there were a few little details that made me change my mind (the heavy 16 oz denim - too heavy for a good half a year where I live - and the purple selvedge)

I really didn't need another pair of jeans, but.. oh well.. it is still better than becoming an alcoholic or a drug addicted..

It'd be interesting to see how they stack up against the Devis D66 that Mich posted a few pages back.

Did you get a size 34? That's be the same size. Could make a comparison!

Been wearing them in rotation with 3 other pairs, no real evo worthwile of mentioning yet, also due to the fact that they are a lighter shade of indigo to start out with i think.

@mich saw you Devis fit a few pages back and I think it's as close to perfection as it gets

I'll look forward to see how the TCB will fit on me. my natural waist size is just a hair (or two dependig on how much beers I'm drinking!) under 36, between 35,6 and 35,8. I usually go for 34 on most brands, just because most brands are vanity sized nowadays.

Hajime suggested to go with 36, the waist being 36.2 post soak.. It should work nicely.

Thanks Volvo, good choice to go with TCB's 60s cut.

Yes certainly looks good from your pictures.

By measurements alone, the rise seems a little shorter than average for a late 60's perhaps. I guess wearing them true to size affords a little more block room to compensate?

I'm of the belief that a 60's cut worn true to size isn't overly tight anyhow, or needn't be.

The rise is a bit shorter than i expected at forehand, but it works for me.

I have no other 60s cut to compare them with, so i'm not really sure how accurate it is to the actual measurements of those in the days of wayback.

they are not tight on me, went true to size, glad i did so.

Edited by Mich

nice looking denim!! but again, why don't these companies learn that less is more when it comes to back pocket designs?! Are both pockets like that or only one?

I prefer back pocket arcs.  So many raw denim brands out there, I like to know what I'm seeing on the street (since I'm not going to walk up to a grown ass man and ask him what kind of pants he's wearing).  Arcs resolve that issue.  And the arcs on these are nice imo.