Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

damn you ed for even bringing up Nylon again, I was almost over those...

I don't know if these have been mentioned before but I stumbled across 'free rage' last night on Bears website. I have no idea what the jeans are like, don't particularly like the look of the stitching but the patch is fucking genius!

fr001-pac.jpg

Actually, it's not so much 'naked ladies,' as it is homages to Air Force pin-up girls, similar to the ones they used to put on the side of their planes. I have some more photos of Free Rage from Denim Indigo Master by Lightning, and most of the are handpainted custom pin-ups, usually tastefully done. If you would like, I could scan and post some by Monday or so.

It's not to my liking, but I'm sure some people have the style to pull it off well.

Thanks to Denim News, we have the cool new company Amoskeag XX to check out. read his blog post and then visit the site here, www.amoskeagxx.com

Hi 40ozprophet, I am glad there is interest in this low key brand. For the others here who may not be motivated enough to click on several links, here are some pics and text from their website.

839seamlessfront.jpg

839seamlessfrontclose.jpg

839seamlessback.jpg

Seamless (patent pending), shuttle woven, true indigo fabric, 11 oz

840merrimakfront.jpg

840merrimakfrontclose.jpg

840merrimakfrontclose.jpg

Two different fabrics used on the front

and the back part of overalls.

When rinsed the legs will bend naturally

for comfort fit, 12.5 oz

I believe you can order straight from their website, though I have not tried. To be clear, Amoskeag XX is a USA brand founded by people originally from Japan. Their first collection used Japanese denim. The press they get are mostly from Japanese publications.

I have a hunch that it is easier to find these in stores in Japan than in the states. That would naturally lead to the perception that this is a Japanese brand.

Wow that Amoskeag line looks pretty nice. The t-shirts look amazing, but there is almost no way I would spend $86 on a t-shirt. Especially one that is going to get filthy easily. Ohh well, I will probably have to wait a couple months until I can fool myself into justifying it.

Wow that Amoskeag line looks pretty nice. The t-shirts look amazing, but there is almost no way I would spend $86 on a t-shirt. Especially one that is going to get filthy easily. Ohh well, I will probably have to wait a couple months until I can fool myself into justifying it.

MrSwitch - they make t shirts that are already filthy if that helps!

Ive been drooling over amoskeag for a few days now - super cool jeans and tops, think its a cool mix of Owensesque glunge and amerkaji approaches to fabric and contruction.... I really like the black jeans with 2 different fabrics used so as the denim shrinks and twists the legs bend into a more ergonomic shape - dope.