Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

^ cheers… post 30C wash, though not dry yet, there’s been a decent length shrinkage but only a tad on waist 

I’d need some stretch in the waist and hips for sure (and that’s pre/wash) but that’s usually a done deal

I’ll wear ‘em tomorrow and see what happens 

Worst case, they’ll find a home… and I’ll have had a free / low cost substance-free buzz… woo hoo :)

On 9/27/2022 at 3:19 PM, MJF9 said:

So… the online shop said

• W34 waist 85cm Crossing width 35,5cm 25 hem width 24, 5cm Crotch 35cm Crotch 76cm
  • Since it will be shipped without washing, it will be delivered in a larger size than the above. Be sure to wash it once before wearing it.

The measured raw product in hand said (all in cm) 

• Waist 42.5 (85) / Thigh at crotch 36 / FR 35 / BR 45 / Inside leg 77 / Hem 26

The good news... after a day of wear, they fit nicely... 1.5 cm stretch from raw on the waist and 3.5 cm shrink in length

• Waist 42.5 (now 44) / Thigh at crotch 36 (same) / FR 35 (34) / BR 45 (same) / Inside leg 77 (73.5) / Hem 26

The bad news... FedEx came in with a late tax bill of £49.14... not so nice

Meanwhile, the rich in the UK are gifted tax cuts while us mere denim-for-own-use importers continue to suffer.  Does a guy/gal earning £1m per year really need an extra £65k per year?

They're very lighweight c10oz jeans so it likely to be a while til they get some proper wear. 

I don’t think there’s a thread so I’ll ask here but does anyone have experience with deluxewear flannels?

They look great! but I’m not sure about the sizing. 

I usually wear an American medium but I have a sugarcane shirt that’s a large and a pherrows that’s an xl. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ciwr0woM7wJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

this one in particular. 

Edited by Ahlvahroe
Typo

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2022 at 4:09 AM, Ahlvahroe said:

I don’t think there’s a thread so I’ll ask here but does anyone have experience with deluxewear flannels?

They look great! but I’m not sure about the sizing. 

I usually wear an American medium but I have a sugarcane shirt that’s a large and a pherrows that’s an xl. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ciwr0woM7wJ/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

this one in particular. 

https://www.deluxeware.net/c/deluxeware/dx-shirts/dx-long/MV-08

Size charts here

Quality is good - on par with the brands you mention

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. Like you say, they’ve been around for years and if you look through any old issues of Lightning, they were at the bottom end of the price range, at about half the cost of most repro brands (¥10 k or so). Their designs were always a little wacky too and wouldn’t appeal to the repro enthusiasts. These look much better BUT at a significantly higher price. They may be jumping on the bandwagon a little belatedly here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, MJF9 said:

@Broark what's the brand and details on these? 

This is a pair of Libra Pontus (or LB) denim made by Isamu Ono, he is the one-man-brand behind the rebuilt.jp Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rebuilt.jp/
He also makes the items for YM Factory, like the Army trousers I have linked here.
I had a pair of his 30's cinch back jeans a few years ago but sold them to Volvo as they were too small.  Do you still have those jeans @volvo240thebest?
Will get some more details up once they arrive! He has been working on the 40's pair for a few years now so I'm excited to see the finished product.

6 hours ago, aho said:

Finally ordering a pair of WWII Rockets, breaking my streak of not buying in some time.

I cancelled my order and stick to my resolution. I also found the price quite high and the gamble was too high for me with the fit...and yeah. I already have my buying plan for 2023

@Broark That's packaging definitely wins.

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

• 2 weeks later...

Snapped some photos of the LB jeans after two washes (wore them for the week, subsequently spilled tea all over them while at a restaurant the other night...so they needed another wash).
I really like these, my issuees are pretty nominal and won't stop me from wearing them.
-I wish the selvedge width was cut a little more narrow, they're cut a little more wide compared to some other brands.
-I wish the pocket openings were a little bigger, but I feel like they're stretching with wear and use. (I've also just become accustomed to FW's large front pocket openings.)
-I wish the cut was slightly wider at the hem as they feel a slightly tapered for being a 40s inspired cut.

I'll get some fit pics up later, in the meantime check out the lightning bolt developing on the coin pocket.

iqd7Tvj.jpg
zUxrkLw.jpg
iDuCAF4.jpg
1c9x3tF.jpg
BagX4WX.jpg

On 1/11/2023 at 1:05 AM, aho said:

Finally ordering a pair of WWII Rockets, breaking my streak of not buying in some time.

https://www.instagram.com/rockets_toyota/

Will be sure to post when they arrive. They seem to be among the best repros out there in general, it's always hard to tell which is real vs. which is their repros on IG. 

Did they arrive in the meantime? ;)