Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

• 1 month later...

Y. M. Factory - not unknown any more but seems the best thread

Jumped on these t-shirts as I like the neck particularly and tried to buy before but failed

Too eager to pull the trigger - they're too big - in fact a little bigger than the chart

Anyone interested in them lemme know...

While I try to work out how I could use them (oversized summer t-shirt for good airflow???)... all ideas welcomed!

IMG_4809.JPG

IMG_4810.JPG

YM Factory 20s Ts Sizing.JPG

Edited by MJF9

On 6/23/2022 at 8:45 PM, CSL said:

Is any shrinkage expected?

Not off a 30C wash. In fact they come up a touch bigger than the chart. Not sure if a dryer would shrink them?

If interested, let me know mate and I can give actual measurements.

9 hours ago, MJF9 said:

Not off a 30C wash. In fact they come up a touch bigger than the chart. Not sure if a dryer would shrink them?

If interested, let me know mate and I can give actual measurements.

Thanks, MJF9 but the chart measurements would be a bit too loose on me.

On 7/2/2022 at 12:39 AM, Thanks_M8 said:

^unsanforized Denim? lookin good

Yep, they’re unsanforized.  Wore them yesterday for the first time.   Not too oversized. It’ll be interesting to see the shrinkage once I wash them.  It’s been years since I’ve worn unsanforized denim.

On 7/5/2022 at 4:09 PM, mlwdp said:

Yep, they’re unsanforized.  Wore them yesterday for the first time.   Not too oversized. It’ll be interesting to see the shrinkage once I wash them.  It’s been years since I’ve worn unsanforized denim.

Any particular reason you’re not washing right away? Or are they washed already and I misinterpreted the whole situation 

Edited by Hopethisoneisnttaken

Nope they’re not washed.  That’s the thing, I’m debating on washing them now to get the shrink out or wearing them a few weeks and then wash to see what happens.  It’s been years since I’ve worn raw hence why I normally buy one wash.

Anyone have experience with Unique Garments? (Not sure if this is the correct thread to post in, as they're an Australia-Japan brand...) 

@Lazerr It was very smooth. He was mostly responsive and helpful throughout the process, and seemed happy to take any suggestions for special details / customization (although I declined, for these). Sizing will be a bit of a toss-up, as he doesn't seem to have a realistic idea of how much the denim will shrink, and in stead suggested that the jeans would shrink uniformly by 10% in all dimensions. All the same, after some back and forth, I'm hoping that they should be a good fit.

Edited by julian-wolf