Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These aren't as durable, as they were once built, it seems.
I got about 4 weeks/1 months of wear on them, got them DS a few years ago.
Threads on the right back pocket are already popping in places, plus a hole is forming on the bottom of it.
Thread start breaking beside the crotch-bartack, plus a hole is forming in the crotch.
All in all comfy and cool jeans, though. 

IMG_20220414_165953.jpg

IMG_20220414_170005.jpg

IMG_20220414_170020.jpg

Edited by Thanks_M8

I’d noticed BUAISOU over some time and finally decided to splash out on one of their t-shirts in dark indigo… and a very nice, solid thing it is too with a depth to it.  They also have indigo and light indigo versions... interested to see how this develops…

Thought they had been discussed here before but couldn’t find anything so here’s the blurb…

“To “thrive in the hometown of indigo dye,” BUAISOU was established in Kamiita-cho, Tokushima Prefecture in 2015.

All processes, which were traditionally divided into separate specializations, are carried out within BUAISOU; from cultivating the raw indigo, fermenting the indigo leaves (Sukumo), dyeing, designing, all the way to production. We also make efforts in introducing the charm of natural indigo through offering workshops and other various activities.  Indigo dyeing is characterized by deep beautiful color and fastness. This is achieved using only indigo leaves, lye, bran, and shell lime.

In 2018, we were able to realize our original dream of making hand-dyed indigo jeans. BUAISOU’s future goal is to grow our own cotton and weave it by ourselves.”

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_4247.JPG

20220105 Buaisou T Shirt 1.jpg

On 8/11/2020 at 3:08 AM, lefty said:

Pretty. Requires selling an organ, but pretty. 

edit- I guess that this is the significantly less expensive pair that they sell. 

On 8/11/2020 at 4:55 AM, aho said:

Loooove BUAISOU...They have one of my favorite instagrams and frequently show how they grow the indigo, the dyeing process, etc. Also you can get a peak of how their denim will fade as the workers typically wear their clothing while doing all that labor. Follow their IG stories for more!

Here you are @MJF9, I thought @JDelage had one of these t-shirts too.

1 hour ago, unders said:

Good stuff @MJF9. Looking forward to see it age. 
You weren’t tempted on a pair of their jeans..?

Hahahaha my pockets are too shallow mate

Wonder how many of those $3k pairs they've sold 

Yes, I do have one of their dark indigo t-shirts. It's quite lovely; I'm very happy with it.

@JMS - I have one of those Two Moons sweat. Mine was a sp. ed., garment dyed indigo. It's nice enough and was great value. I have not worn it much, but it's my fault.

• 2 weeks later...