Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

4 hours ago, Broark said:

@Duke Mantee you’re not wrong, but it doesn’t have the Barbour name associated with it so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ And it has a few other small details.

:biggrin:

I’m not a big fan of Barbour - they’re a bit underwhelming re cut/pattern and not always that well made, although they’re made for a specific purpose and they’ll cope with that far better than this replica. Colimbo make some lovely stuff - I’ve owned enough of it - but unfortunately this isn’t one of them IMO

Edited by Duke Mantee

13 hours ago, Duke Mantee said:

I’m not a big fan of Barbour - they’re a bit underwhelming re cut/pattern and not always that well made, although they’re made for a specific purpose and they’ll cope with that far better than this replica. Colimbo make some lovely stuff - I’ve owned enough of it - but unfortunately this isn’t one of them IMO

Fair enough, I worked in a shop that stocked Barbour and I was always underwhelmed at the quality and fit as well.
Lord knows I really don't need any more outwear as it is. :D

This Colimbo jacket is fabulous, especially in blackwatch: https://masuya1997.com/pickup/colimbo-croaker-field-coat-2

But too rich for my blood. IIRC it was about 500 euros plus proxy etc...

Masuya has a great selection of brands. I check it for inspiration now and again. 

Edit: not as expensive as I thought: Around 39000 yen plus shipping/proxy. So maybe a total of 450 euros...

Edited by peter1

4 hours ago, peter1 said:

This Colimbo jacket is fabulous, especially in blackwatch: https://masuya1997.com/pickup/colimbo-croaker-field-coat-2

But too rich for my blood. IIRC it was about 500 euros plus proxy etc...

Masuya has a great selection of brands. I check it for inspiration now and again. 

Edit: not as expensive as I thought: Around 39000 yen plus shipping/proxy. So maybe a total of 450 euros...

You don’t pay consumption tax so the coat is ¥36,000 - that’s about €280 I think. Also I’d estimate shipping to be around €35 using EMS.

Hiroyoshi is (was) very flexible too, so I never had any customs ‘issues’

Edited by Duke Mantee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

a now-defunct new york shop that also sells things like shoes like pottery and arpenteur used to carry a lot of phigvel stuff, even did pre-order for the engineer boots. from which i discovered they make the best... key holder :D (which i've since lost zzz). can't for the life of me remember the name of the shop, anyone?

15 minutes ago, oomslokop said:

a now-defunct new york shop that also sells things like shoes like pottery and arpenteur used to carry a lot of phigvel stuff, even did pre-order for the engineer boots. from which i discovered they make the best... key holder :D (which i've since lost zzz). can't for the life of me remember the name of the shop, anyone?

Hickorees!