Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

^Courtesy of @redragon

"Neputa jeans/genus
It is made by Warehouse for a small shop called Braverey in Hirosaki, Aomori.
There is even a dedicated page in the warehouse website for it"

Warehouse do make Wanderer

Not sure about Gardener, i always thought Gardener were Gardener but i don't have any evidence to support this theory so i'm happy to be wrong. Check out the style of the Nylon labels, that's always a dead giveaway, i'm off for a game of tennis but i'll do a bit of digging in the Garden later on, if y'all don't get around to it.

Taken from a World Mook book I have from 2005.

Gardener 1954 (Uekis) designed by Ichiro Ueki in 2005 I think.

Company could be called ‘System of Emporium’ (literal translation).

Perhaps someone with a knowledge of Japanese or a better grasp of a translation app could do a more thorough job than me!

AA0415D5-CE19-4618-80AC-016D49DDC9E6.jpeg

Right i'm back :) let's get our little grey cells in gear

They're designed my a Mr. Ichiro Ueki hence the tab (whoops! maynard beat me to it)

They also make a 1937 and a 1942, i sent Flash photo's some time ago but they've disappeared

I keep seeing reference to first generation Gardeners and revival, there is also a seller on macari who claims his pair are made by Warehouse and the selvedge looks like WH selvadge

Edited by Double 0 Soul

7 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

The page I posted above mentions something about a revival - that may be the 2005 part. My translate app kept changing the text though and I didn’t have the time or patience to continue with it.

There’s nothing of real consequence in the text - started out in 97 then took a break and did some collaboration with Take5 then back to this label in 2005 (more or less)

Company records show the business status was made ‘dead/abandoned’ in the first quarter of 2008

Edited by Duke Mantee

8 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I'm just typing as i find it... :D

It looks like in 2019, they supplied the 1954xx for a (sufu style) fade contest for jeans shop Spiral in Hamamatsu

It seems to me the original company folded and (I’m guessing) restarted in collaboration with this Spiral store?

37 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

There’s nothing of real consequence in the text - started out in 97 then took a break and did some collaboration with Take5 then back to this label in 2005 (more or less)

Company records show the business status was made ‘dead/abandoned’ in the first quarter of 2008

Regarding 1997 Gardeners, i keep seeing Evisu/Evi's referenced...

Alrighty...that's my Sunday researching done, i'm going to shampoo my rug :blush:

Edited by Double 0 Soul

10 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Alrighty...that's my Sunday researching done, i'm going to shampoo my rug :blush:

Euphemism?

Sure some of you eager researchers will have found this blog - this picture was taken from the Spiral launch, presumably at the store. I wonder if the dude holding them is Mr Ueki. 
BA41113C-6C80-4D4D-8F4C-EB765DEE3D96.jpeg.f96173aaff92c7f23ed693398e814833.jpeg

https://blog.spiral-jeans.com/posts/categories/674556

On 12/25/2019 at 6:20 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

A few more blasts from the past..

Take5 Evis x Pherrow's x Dry Bones x Gardener collab, fading looks perfect vintage

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 11.57.48

...one button from each company which is a very nice touch..

All the bells & whistles

Another Take5 collab Lot.1002

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 18.06.16

Any era you like with this pair...

Screen Shot 2019-12-25 at 18.06.16

Here you go Mike

Edited by Double 0 Soul