Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

Anyone tried Cottle? Their jeans are too loud with visible selvedge detailing and all that, but some of their other clothes are very appealing—looking at their yak wool fleeces and some of their casual / lounge pants, in particular

Seems sort of similar to the likes of Kapital in spirit / aesthetic, but with maybe more of a focus on natural dyes, which is really appealing to me

Wondering if anyone can comment on the style or quality of construction, or if anyone has a good read on the broader ideology of the brands in general? The prices are very high, so would rather not go in blind…

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

Anyone tried Cottle? Their jeans are too loud with visible selvedge detailing and all that, but some of their other clothes are very appealing—looking at their yak wool fleeces and some of their casual / lounge pants, in particular

Seems sort of similar to the likes of Kapital in spirit / aesthetic, but with maybe more of a focus on natural dyes, which is really appealing to me

Wondering if anyone can comment on the style or quality of construction, or if anyone has a good read on the broader ideology of the brands in general? The prices are very high, so would rather not go in blind…

I got very Cottle-curious a few months ago. But the more I delved into the brand the more precious they seemed and thus not worth it (to me personally) for the premium being sought. Then I walked away. This is where I think William at Tender has struck a good balance between what you framed as whimsy mixed with attention to detail that just somehow retains an authenticity (probably misquoting you). 

5 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

I bought the C.T.L SLIM STRAIGHT DENIM PANTS-BENGARA(INDIAN RED) from denimio and like them very much, I like the cut , slightly tapered, and the denim is very nice. 

On 3/5/2021 at 1:40 PM, julian-wolf said:

There is a Cottle thread over at StyleForum, that's the most information I was ever able to find.

@julian-wolf

Their vibe reminds me of 45rpm with the whole Jp sensibility, the price is also around the same ball park.

I do like their selvage pattern, very unique. Price is indeed very steep for their shirts and others...still not sure if I can reason myself into buying something from them...

On 3/4/2021 at 10:57 PM, Duke Mantee said:

Often a bit too ‘costume-y’ but Django Atour do have some nice designs, and at the standard expected hereDA425055-55E8-4085-AF07-C27ECB732275.jpeg.7fd6b12773aa49a8793577576b5ad1b8.jpeg

Classic Country Coat

http://www.djangoatour.com/newpage20.html

I've been eying a number of their pieces, but I'm a little afraid to order from Japan right now. Their shirts look fabulous and they're often on sale over there. Might be worth proxying.

Not convinced that jodhpur pants are going to make a comeback, however, and some of their T-Shirts are racially cringeworthy. 

On 3/14/2021 at 2:32 PM, BrownMetallic said:

As per daylight-saving period,  spring has sprung.  Time to liberate these from their plastic exile.  A photo op before their 1st swim, then off to BiG for a hem job.

BR05 DB19:  Collaborative project by Shingo-san of Denim Bridge X Kuniyoshi-san of Double Volante.

Approx 12oz, medium rise, regular straight ... 1” taper from knee to hem.

So nice to see you got ahold of these Carl. Looking forward to seeing what Shingo-san has cooking for the next model with Kuniyoshi-san. 

@Bobbo Thanks!  I’m really stoked to get ’em on the road already.  I’ve seen some fab evos from their denims @IG.  These are my 2nd Kuniyoshi collab.  Both, BR05 & the SDA Champloo will be on this year’s S/S rotation.

As I’ve mentioned at IG,  a big chunk of my precious W33-34 well-worn pairs were awfully decimated by burgeoning weight due to the long lockdown.  The deep rotation will allow me time to, maybe, whittle down closer to pre-covid waistline :laugh2:

Edited by BrownMetallic

How’s Denimbridge sizing? Is it consistent between models? Interested in the WWII jeans they’re making for Neat Style, but not sure whether to trust their measurements…looks like I’d take a 36, which would be a first for me. I remember thinking I’d be a 34 in the contest jeans if it weren’t for the low rise & slim thighs, which is more what I’m used to

(Also, anyone dealt with Neat Style before?)

I have only experience with the GBG001 and the 05 cut (which is the same cut). They were 1" above tag size Raw, measured BiG style. Not sure how much the Neat Style collab differs though. 

Re the low rise: my 05DB19 size 34 has the same front rise and wider thighs than my size 35 Ooe 02, just as a reminder. 

Good info, thanks. Yeah, the front rise and upper thighs looked good for me too—it was the short rear rise and the amount of taper through the mid-thighs that broke the deal for me. Who knows, maybe I could have made them work after all…but didn’t seem worth the gamble

My GBG contest pair was  w35 and fit perfect after the first couple washes but the hips and calf's kept shrinking in following frequent washes. I got Broarks w38 pair and gave them a hot wash and dryer 

and they fit real comfy now.

The flannel and olive pocket combo on the neat style pair look really nice. 

Whats the Buzz pair Shingo has posted with the Lee pockets and Levi arcs? is that arc a wallet flap fade or something?

Edited by LazyS

I’ve looked at a number of pictures of the Jelado 301XX and noticed that the top of the back right pocket runs parallel to the yoke whilst the top of the back left pocket runs parallel to the waistband. Consequently they’re both at different angles and I t’s not due to how they’re folded for photos. It’s very strange and something I’ve never seen before.

86284202-3F77-4034-B957-05B06B83ACC1.jpeg

CE956DD4-5DD0-4C1F-8112-4A61613FA8B2.jpeg

2D19CD29-64FA-45C4-AFE4-F57C22CA36AC.jpeg

Edited by Maynard Friedman

1 hour ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Or you have to buy a pair to verify this observation  ;)

I think we all gladly leave the scientific approach to you my friend ; ) Go on and get some, for the sake of science!