Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

@Double 0 Soul- Are these the 1946 contest pair? I remember these were going on when I bought my 1966 pair from Taichi-san. Sadly I was a lot thinner and in this phase I was trying to buy the smallest size I can get into. Now I can't even get the jeans halfway up my thighs lol. Looking back it's unfortunate I wasn't into looser cuts during that time and I wasn't able to join the Devi's contest.

On 11/18/2020 at 3:54 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

I don't think so @mousemouse they would have had green stamp and a 'Devis' tab (maybe 2)

There are quite a few pairs in the Devis line up.. some with the same patch, @silencejoe knows more of their history than i do, maybe he can fill in some gaps rather than me pasting his knowledge from one forum to another :D

Umm the yahoo action one looks like 46s but not same as the contest pair.

The 47s Looks like this one

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamp.ameblo.jp/atoz21/entry-10783451887.html

and I got the contest pair and 54 zip one

Also the color on the contest 46s looks like warehouse deadstock blue, i will try to compare it when i got the warehouse deadstock blue:biggrin:

20201120_161850.thumb.jpg.d56338c9fea3850f4e0306c6aa0311b7.jpg

20201120_161918.jpg

Edited by silencejoe

Finally got my Colimbo CPO in, fits like a dream. Will try to get some fit pics up later, fit is pretty oversized which is what I was looking for.
The flannel is super soft and not too heavy. Seems like the buttons are made of wood which is pretty cool.
I0hvacj.jpg
m3aGlZ9.jpg
cDROuJ0.jpg
voH3aEa.jpg
SlnfJ1l.jpg

On 11/20/2020 at 4:28 PM, silencejoe said:

Umm the yahoo action one looks like 46s but not same as the contest pair.

The 47s Looks like this one

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gamp.ameblo.jp/atoz21/entry-10783451887.html

and I got the contest pair and 54 zip one

Also the color on the contest 46s looks like warehouse deadstock blue, i will try to compare it when i got the warehouse deadstock blue:biggrin:

20201120_161850.thumb.jpg.d56338c9fea3850f4e0306c6aa0311b7.jpg

20201120_161918.jpg

I just got the dead stock blue jacket, looks like the color on the contest pair are much more darker than the dead stock blue jacket

sorry for my poor phone picture :laugh2:

left devis contest 46s

right dead stock blue non wash

Bottom

left dd 1943 one washed

right dds1003xx 1944 One washed

20201205_133329.thumb.jpg.3ff95501d352f9cbca3261d9a09a966c.jpg

20201203_122211.thumb.jpg.f9f1c3b1596635c0f998b96d31cf5658.jpg

Edited by silencejoe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2020 at 3:29 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

These Triple R's are a nice old repro..

fullsizeoutput_23d1

Colour is a bit off due to the awful January lighting

fullsizeoutput_23d0

Coleslaw mentions these RRR's earlier in the thread

fullsizeoutput_23cf

Only 250 pairs were made back in 1998 so it's surprising that i managed to land a pair in one wash...and lightly worn condition.

fullsizeoutput_239e

fullsizeoutput_2391

Scovil hardwear

fullsizeoutput_2392

fullsizeoutput_2390

fullsizeoutput_2394

fullsizeoutput_2399

From the limited information ive gathered.. in 1998 Mr. Kiyofumi Yuta who owned a garment factory in Okayama (years later he went on to make Ark Jeans.. shown below)

fullsizeoutput_23d4

...worked with 'Real Jeans' 'Rare Rare Club' & 'Ray Design Unit' to repro the 'Triple R' jeans, hence RRR

fullsizeoutput_23d2

I sized dowm 1 on these to a 31" and kept my fingers crossed

fullsizeoutput_23cd

...which worked out quite well and good job too because beggers can't be choosy

fullsizeoutput_23cc

Here are some examples of the worn denim

fullsizeoutput_23a0

..looks pretty accurate

fullsizeoutput_239f

fullsizeoutput_23a1

fullsizeoutput_23a3

fin.

Hey Neal, how are these coming along?

6 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Hey Neal, how are these coming along?

They're not Martin, being a '1 pair at a time' kind of dude i had them lined up for after these Junky 46's, alas, Christmas wasn't kind to my waistline and ive put on half a stone making them a touch snug, hopefully i'll be back down to 11.5 stone by the summer, if not i might have to let them go.

5 hours ago, Broark said:

Stumbled across these on Yahoo, even the seller says that they aren't sure what the jeans are.
i-img1022x1200-1611036153pctlx044143.jpg

Nice find B, i'm not sure what they are either, good to know there's still some out there..

4 hours ago, Flash said:

Was killing time the other night and came across a few pairs of the cab clothing jeans that @Double 0 Soul posted a while back , didn't know they are actually made in china , was quite surprised given there age ( not quite sure how old they are ) 

I don't think the Bucky's were MiC originally, the label changed at some point, it's the same label but at some point they started printing 'Made in China' on it, i assume the rest of Cab Clothing is MiC because it's cheap af.

I first spotted them on Takashi's blog many years ago, additional infos here Ameblo & Jeanspavillion

1 hour ago, Double 0 Soul said:

They're not Martin, being a '1 pair at a time' kind of dude i had them lined up for after these Junky 46's, alas, Christmas wasn't kind to my waistline and ive put on half a stone making them a touch snug, hopefully i'll be back down to 11.5 stone by the summer, if not i might have to let them go.

Nice find B, i'm not sure what they are either, good to know there's still some out there..

I don't think the Bucky's were MiC originally, the label changed at some point, it's the same label but at some point they started printing 'Made in China' on it, i assume the rest of Cab Clothing is MiC because it's cheap af.

I first spotted them on Takashi's blog many years ago, additional infos here Ameblo & Jeanspavillion

There was some talk of them having something to do with the birth of Real mccoys in the 90s, not sure where I saw that. I have a 90s Ma1 jacket by them and its just as good if not better than what  the Real mccoys are doing now, every detail is top notch.

2 hours ago, H...crimper said:

There was some talk of them having something to do with the birth of Real mccoys in the 90s, not sure where I saw that. I have a 90s Ma1 jacket by them and its just as good if not better than what  the Real mccoys are doing now, every detail is top notch.

Here's a full rundown of CAB Clothing's history, if you click on the 1980's link you'll see the aformentioned MA1

https://www.cabclothing.com/about_cab/history/

4 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I’m sure you’ll get those snake hips back in trim and sliding into those triple Rs in no time!

11 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Here's a full rundown of CAB Clothing's history, if you click on the 1980's link you'll see the aformentioned MA1

https://www.cabclothing.com/about_cab/history/

Yes that the Ma1 in the catalogue, many they inspired the Real mccoys. I have mine up for sale on eBay at moment 

First you perfectly @irual! Hows the denim, fairly lightweight?
I haven't gotten one of these yet, but I have been thinking about it for awhile now.
Would be interested in measurements, as I think I'd be a 44 as well (that's the biggest size offered if I recall correctly).

Thanks @Broark! Yes, definitely lightweight. 10 oz. I think, but feels even lighter. The weft has a slight brown tint to it. The size 44 is indeed the biggest size offered. Here is the size chart that miura gave me:

s3CSGUq.jpg

I'll get back to you with the actual measurements tomorrow. Ordering was really easy through instagram. The size 44 was the only size in stock, don't know if mine was the last one.

Good to hear that the denim is lightweight.
That size chart is partly why I haven't ordered one yet, I couldn't wrap my head around a ~23 in. sleeve. No rush on the measurements, just whenever you have a chance.
I might send him a note, I know they make them in batches so if he's currently out of stock I could maybe get on the list.