Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

8 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Anyone have experience with Belafonte shirts? Interested in general impressions, but would appreciate in particular an insight as to how the neck openings are sized…

I have that one:

I can look for it (it was in a whole lot of things I shipped from Europe) and take some measurements if you're interested... Pointy collar...

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

@JDelage, yeah, when you get a chance that'd be great—there're some on sale at East West that I've been eyeing for what feels like well over a year now, and I think now might be the time, fit allowing

Just ask Jamie at Eastwest ... he’s a good guy and would be happy to advise. I know he’s got good experience of other brands, and used to post on other forums, so might also be able to give you direct comparison.

I really do like the style of a lot of the Belafonte clothing ... I’m just too committed to a particular route now to want to change

Edited by Duke Mantee

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

@JDelage, yeah, when you get a chance that'd be great—there're some on sale at East West that I've been eyeing for what feels like well over a year now, and I think now might be the time, fit allowing

Measurements on Eastwest are rather accurate. I'd say the sizing is very dependant on your build. I'm slim with broad shoulders and Large fit me very well except for across the shoulders - this also results in the sleeves being a tad shorter than I like. 

Otherwise they're very nicely made and with nice materials. Nothing mind-blowing but nice shirts.

I bought mine from East West too - good experience.

Measurements for size Medium:

Shoulders 43cm

P2P 54cm

Length 77cm

Sleeve 64.5cm

My neck is 38cm and I have plenty of space when buttoning the collar. 

C148B33D-4EE0-4AAF-BD7D-82494E62C689.jpeg

6AE6E270-C41F-4F41-BFFE-7E2F16E003D3.jpeg

Edited by JDelage

Thanks all—yeah, I'd emailed Jamie first thing, but figured I'd ask here too to get as much extra input as I could

@Ar_thor, good to know that you find them to be slim in the shoulders—based on the size charts, that's been my main worry, so this is pointing towards them maybe not being the best bet…shame, 'cause I really like the look of them

With any luck I'll get the chance to try them on in person at some point; 'til then, I think I'll probably wait

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/RARE-JAPANESE-GROUND-ALL-SELVEDGEVJEANS-WITH-ARCUATES-AND-RED-TAB-BARELY-WORN/143745486660?hash=item2177e60f44:g:GcoAAOSwxMVfFiHk Heads up for size 34s, pair of vintage silverstone jeans, pre 2007 with arcs and tab, barely worn, not mine ;)

Edited by Thanks_M8
link wasn't working

Hey @JohnM!

I actually love the cut and denim - room in the top block without being baggy, a nice taper down the leg without being overly slim, and a terrific nep to the fabric. Sizing is the issue. I think I got my wires crossed with Shingo-san in determining size. I referenced the size chart on the Denim Bridge website for post-wash measurements. The jeans arrived raw with a smaller waist than the listed one-wash measurement. One look and, sadly, I knew they wouldn't work. I wonder if this pair is an anomaly or if they were all sewn slightly under tag size in the waist?

I'll most likely buy a size (or two) up if I can sell this pair. They really are a great looking pair of jeans.

So happy to hear stores are picking uo Shingo's jeans and not just in Japan to boot. Still so underrated and all great people working throughout the process.

Josh, did you measure them the same way as Shingo do? The measurements have been spot on on all my 4 pairs from Shingo.

1 hour ago, Bobbo said:

Josh, did you measure them the same way as Shingo do? The measurements have been spot on on all my 4 pairs from Shingo.

Hey @Bobbo. I took Shingo-san's measuring method into consideration, since he measures the circumference of the waist and doesn't use the "laid flat, waist aligned" method. I made the mistake of not getting actual measurements from him before he shipped the jeans. It's my own fault. I've been buying jeans long enough to have known better.

Additionally, I asked a couple other folks who have the 05/DB19 for waist measurements from their pairs. Theirs all measure roughly an inch over tag size when raw. Mine are a 1/2 inch below tag size raw.

From what I observed regarding this slightly too small pair, Shingo-san developed a great cut, and used an interesting fabric and cool hardware. I'll get a pair that fits at some point.