Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

I reached out to BoT overnight and got the same response, no international shipping yet be he'd like to one day.
I'm hoping if he hears it from enough different people he'll make it happen one day. ^_^

The Okayama Denim sale got me to finally grab a couple of Loop and Weft shirts. I remember being impressed by them at Blue in Green a number of years ago. 
I picked up the Tompkins knit crew neck sweat in mustard and the twill face crew neck tee in dark cherry. 
For a company so meticulous in their craft, I’m surprised not to see much about them on sufu. 

There was a nice pair of Red Selvage there too the other day for just under ¥29k in size 32.

EDIT - and a Type 1 jacket in size 38 for just under ¥40k.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Releasing this time next week. Not cheap and fit a bit too full for my usual taste, but would certainly work for the full ‘n‘ high contingent:

https://www.brass-tokyo.co.jp/onlineshop/item/bsc-uniform-waist-overall/

Store photos don’t do these justice. His blog is where the money is: 

BBF27CA8-9D04-45DA-A5D8-AECC5D15B06D.thumb.jpeg.42b966e5b01e19cd2ee313c6374df400.jpeg

458E79E8-2CC1-4B71-A456-AA2510C3C0E3.thumb.jpeg.6b320b8887e17794789c5d8e25f3e14a.jpeg

Judging by the strain at the cinch it looks he’s upsized for max clown fit!

I've been liking the look of these on their IG. As you say Unders, not so much the oversized fit in that pic^^^.

• 4 weeks later...

@lefty Those are nice, but yes would definitely need to sell an organ for them! Tempo brings a nice variety of brands that you usually don't see much of in the States. There's a brand that they carry called Three Kingdom Overalls that have some interesting details. Haven't seen much about them anywhere else though.

Loooove BUAISOU...They have one of my favorite instagrams and frequently show how they grow the indigo, the dyeing process, etc. Also you can get a peak of how their denim will fade as the workers typically wear their clothing while doing all that labor. Follow their IG stories for more!

Lawford launched their webstore.  They sell both raw and one wash

lawford.jp

Some info on their lot.203 washed denim translated:

From Early Century to Mid-Century
The transitional period of American closing was reproduced as a design roots
5-pocket jeans pants.
While the buckle back adopted by the store brand in the 1940shas been abolished,
Crotch rivets, inherited the details that remain bare rivets.
Relaxed crotch, hip but tapered from the knee
It becomes the original silhouette.

Can embody a christened discoloration with good staining properties and luster
Use middle-ounce selvitch denim.
It is ( denim with less shrinkage with sunforize (shrink-proof) applied. )

Copper rivets, iron donut buttons, prongs, selected
You can take the time with the dough to taste the process of aging.

Lot.203 One Pocket Denim Jacketand become a setup
It becomes a regular model of the brand.

ABOUT DENIM
Zimbabwe cotton is based on raw cotton and warp unevenness (rope dyeing).
I spent a lot of time with an old-fashioned power loom (shuttle loom) woven with loose tension.
Warp No. 7 / Weft 6.5 th 13.5 oz Selvic
Indigo denim.
Sunforise (shrink-proof ()。

Caution
There is a case where individual differences of 1 to 2 cm occur in the same product.
The product will be One Washed (washed).

We do not use a dryer for our products.

One wash:

https://lawford.jp/collections/top-page-latest-products/products/lot-203-five-pocket-denim-pants-one-wash

Non-wash

https://lawford.jp/collections/top-page-latest-products/products/lot-203-five-pocket-denim-pants-non-wash

Edited by mlwdp

^Very cool shop - haven't seen that before. Very much in line with their approach.

I do love me some Sassafras - I've got three shirts that I absolutely love to bits. If anyone have a line to getting it from Japan I would be very interested. Kafka carries a decent amount of their stuff but it's limited to certain styles.

Quick update on the Sassafras SF-10484 after a few months' walks and

hikes, as I've just noticed for the first time how much the color of the main fabric has faded over time with sun, sweat, & washes

The last photo shows the hem flipped up, for reference—I think the inside of the fabric is much closer to the original color, and the seat patch and main fabric started off very similar shades

Been on the hunt for a second pair of hiking shorts, recently, and I can say confidently that if I had the opportunity to buy another pair of these (either in the same fabric or different) I would in a heartbeat

ULCAsH6.jpg

Otd6a3n.jpg

FqNH6U9.jpg

Edited by julian-wolf