Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

Go West 0502DI, tagged W33 L34, raw measurements BiG style (pics on previous page):

• Waist: 34 (pulled tightly)
  • FR: 12.5
  • BR: 15.5
  • Thigh: 13.5
  • Hem: 9.2
  • Inseam: 36.5

These are stiff and fairly substantial denim, with a fair bit of weft showing through, which makes them appear slightly lighter in colour. The selvedge is dusty pink. They’re probably in the 14oz range. I’m really happy with them although I’m hoping for a fair bit of shrinky-dinkage to avoid the clown pants look!

EDIT; further research suggests that these are 13.5oz denim, although they feel a little heavier to me.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Flippin Eck! Martin, they took some time..

I think they'll work out pretty well with a hot wash and a hem job.. top block looks nice and roomy and that's a good thigh measurement for you, are you adding them into your rotation or chucking them on the pile?

I ordered some bike bits from Japan on Monday at 18.05pm, shipped by FedEx and they arrived this morning at 09.55am B) amazing really.

Thanks Neal, I was in no rush so I left them in the Buyee warehouse for a long time, hoping the whole COVID and subsequent backlog/transportation/everything situation would ease. I also used basic airmail as it's cheaper (and much slower too, apparently) and I thought it might help me avoid Customs charges (it didn't).

Unfortunately these are going on the pile as I've recently starting breaking in some LVC 55s and Full Count 1101s. At the moment I'm just wearing old cut-downs as shorts - I threw away my Edwin Waynesville shorts from 2003 and have cut down my Warehouse Warrens, thinking of chopping my Full Count 0105 SFS too as they've got holes where I cuffed them. I also recently threw out some old LVC 37s and have some SDA 101s which will be for the scrapheap by next winter so gradually getting through them. I think this will be the last pair I buy in a long, long time though.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

Do Buyee ship at full value?

EMS should have been 6600¥ for the bike bits, the box was 1m x 0.5m x 200mm so not small, the company i ordered from have switched their international shipping to FedEx during Covid which cost me 9600¥ and they wouldn't mark the value down because they have a (stupidly expensive and poorly stocked) UK distributor but they said that FedEx rarely get snagged in customs... it sailed straight through so even though it cost me +3000¥ i would have paid more than that in proxy/domestic shipping so i was well chuffed B)

Buyee won't mark the price down. They allow you to edit the invoice to mark the item as a gift but that clearly no impact. I should have probably paid the extra £10 or so for FEDEX or EMS or whatever and made a small overall saving if avoiding the Customs charges. In truth, I was very lucky in the early days of my Japanese imports but in the last few years seem to get hit every time. Another reason I think I've had it with buying from outside the EU - although I may be screwed via that angle too before long!

8 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

EDIT: I’ve been trying to find out some more info about these from various denim magazines. Anything I have pre-2005 shows them with arcs and a Lot No of 0502DI, anything after with no arcs (although a red tab) as simply 0502 or 0502 and a different suffix. They’re also a 60s cut apparently!

Turning to the Interweb, the excellent Denimba’s site has been most useful. In an entry of his from 2014, he displays a pair of 0502DI with arcs and tab (same as mine) which he claims to have owned for 20 years, therefore dating them to at least 1994. The inner washing label does have a reference to 93 (9315) so it may possibly refer to a production date of 1993 - who knows?!

I spotted that post on Denimba earlier and they are the same pair as yours but i'm pretty sure 93 is nothing to do with the date.. blame your LVC mindset ;)

...there's a few more pairs of these floating around the interwebz and they all give the same (apparent?) Product Code (C-OS 9315)

ok they could have all been made in 1993 but some have the same patch and arcs with a different tab and different wash label,  i'm not saying your pair are not from the mid 90's, they probably are, i just don't think 9315 has anything to do with the production date.

GOWEST ゴーウエスト パンツ ボトムス パンツ ジーンズ デニム GOWEST C-OS 9315【USED】【古着】【中古】10025978

GOWEST ゴーウエスト パンツ ボトムス パンツ ジーンズ デニム GOWEST C-OS 9315【USED】【古着】【中古】10025978

...different again with same PC

https://www.2ndstreet.jp/img/pc/goods/233476/01/55624/3_mn.jpg

..evn these recently made GoWest joggers have the same PC

https://cdn2.2ndstreet.jp/img/sp/goods/231913/04/52275/3_mn.jpg

Edited by Double 0 Soul

On 6/3/2020 at 6:19 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

Zenmarket is the key ;)

Does Zenmarket let you alter value? 

I've had a few Bronson packages, declared at full value, sail right through customs recently... but every single time I order from Japan – whether the package is undervalued, marked as a sample, whatever – I always get stung. In my experience I've actually found Fedex worse than EMS; my suspicion being that that they deliberately hand it over to customs so that they can make the additional handling and transaction fee for fronting you the money. 

For comparison's sake, when I was ordering direct from Japan to Toronto, I'd say items got through (declared at full value) about 75% of the time with no additional charges.

Regarding the UK you can be gifted a package with a value of less than £35 without incurring customs charges but as @Flash points out this is inclusive of the shipping cost, so it needs to ship at no more than a 1000¥.

EMS forwarding is carried out by Parcel Farce who charge £12.00 for picking up your customs/vat charges, same with FedEx.

In @Geeman case, there is nothing stopping him contacting the 'customs commissioner' and paying his charges by card over the phone therefor avoiding the fee.

Zenmarket is 95% automated so you can bid yourself in realtime, ask your own questions and fill out all your own forms, the main difference between Buyee and Zen is you give Buyee authorisation to access funds in your PP/bank account whereas with Zen you have a virtual 'wallet' which you have to fund before you can bid so if you loose the auction you can end up with 100's of £££ of dosh in your online wallet, i prefer this approach.

It's a simple enough to remove the funds back to your PP account, you get an email confirmation but it can take a few weeks for the money to re-appear, this is simply because, as with all proxy services, they have to ensure they actually have your payment 'cleared' in their account before transferring it back to your account.

That's good to know. I used to use From Japan, and it was the same format – putting money into your wallet to bid on items. They used to let you put whatever value you like, but seem to have removed that option these days. You can still mark it as a gift, but with that £35 limit, it doesn't exactly get you very far. I always think it's ludicrous that they factor in shipping costs to the value of the item, as well. 

Anyway, Zen it is, next time I'm so inclined...

I used zenmarket a good few times this year for Yahoo jp 2nd  hand warehouse stuff and worked a treat, no custom bad surprises. One of the best proxies out there. Though Superbuy for taobao stuff is next level service. Doesn't make sense to use it for Japan though.

Edited by volvo240thebest

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2020 at 2:26 PM, Dr_Heech said:

Looking at the details, they look very similar to my old Bartack's

(..yet another pre-pre-lawsuit pair).

As l'm up in London for a few days l got them out for some pics. Sorry if the quality isn't great -

20200621_160608.thumb.jpg.6662165285e57b793310ca44e42f10dd.jpg

20200621_160709.jpg

20200621_160950.jpg

20200621_160737.jpg

20200621_160827.jpg

Thanks Neal. Sorry seemed to have neg repped you by accident when l was going for the rarely used, super rep. My old moderator self just wont die!

Anyhoot., long story short, l got them for around 90 quid ds from 1994(?) reworked the arcs, had them hemmed at Soas and went walling for 3 months (under Dickies waterproof trousers). Think l got these just after my last lvc disappointment threw me off the brand. Also discovered the SC47's with arcs around the same time. 

They are now my garden/yard jean down here in the Cap.

10 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

They look great Charlie. A few questions:

• Did you have a leather or card patch?
  • I assume there was no tab, red or otherwise?
  • Do they have hidden rivets?
  • Do you have a model no on the wash tag?

They had a card patch, it was awful imo so l removed it. Also a tab, think it was dark blue, also removed. No hidden rivets and lf there was a white wash tag, again it was removed.

Actually couldn't find evidence of a tab so scratch that. 

Edited by Dr_Heech
Memory loss