Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

On 1/11/2020 at 8:09 PM, Double 0 Soul said:

Thanks Tilmann, i like my jeans to fit on the looser end of perfectly but if i would have bought these jeans in my regular size 32, they would probably have been a tad too big.

...not like that was ever an option, of course.

Always a gamble with old/deadstock jeans...you never really know how accurate the measurements are.

What was you criteria when choosing such on obscure brand/model?

By the way, I remembed this strange old brand I bought off Yahoo some years ago: Shin Craft
They should also be somewhere here in this thread

Saved in drafts i have an ever increasing list of pre-lawsuit repro's which i scour the interwebz for when i get a spare hour... travelling through denim wormholes along the way... I also have their Lot. numbers and 'translate fuck'ups' ie- those ^^^Buckayro's can not be found by typing 'Buckayro' into Yahoo but 'Backayro' turns up results, as does 'Bakayro' I enjoy the search even though i don't buy much nowadays.

I wear a 32" in pretty much all brands albeit loosely so if they do come up small i can still swing a 31" (M41001 and such) If they come up big, i don't fret, i just wear a belt and embrace the looseness.

Here's another XX repro from the 90's golden era,
Slap Shot in store brand... Scovil hardwear, No arcs, Tab reads 'BEST'

Screen Shot 2020-01-13 at 17.40.25

There are a number of cuts in the line up.

I should also add that most of these lesser known, golden era jeans can be had for peanuts if you're prepared to do your homework. There doesn't seem to be much of a market for them inside JP unless they're collectors items with all stickers, booklets, swing tickets still attached.

Those RRR's for instance in a lightly worn state were delivered to my door with all fees and shipping taken care of for less than £70 so it's an easy re-sell if the sizing goes a bit askew, not bad for a 1/250 MiJ 90's repro, probably the same price as mass produced high street Levi's.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw these on Instagram the other day, hard to tell with the black and white photos but nice looking stuff from Jimmy & Sons Overalls: http://www.reddishbrown-co.com/jimmy-sons-overalls

Also I listed my YM Factory 20's on Grailed if anyone is interested, trying to move them so I can buy a size up. Let me know. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Got it for $150, throw in another 15-20 bucks for shipping.
Not bad considering it looks brand new, and when bought fromMatin it was going for ~$220 USD.
Here's some more photos from Matin with the vintage shirt that inspired it.
142533894.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20190426192
142533894_o1.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20190427
142533894_o14.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=2019042
142533894_o4.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20190427
142533894_o6.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20190427
142533894_o7.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=20190427
142533894_o11.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=2019042
142533894_o12.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=2019042
142533894_o16.jpg?cmsp_timestamp=2019042

https://vintage.matin.jp/?pid=145518797

Picked up a pair by DM'ing Matin on instagram. You can customize inseam as well as leg opening (!), and construction takes about ten days til delivery (international delivery available). Will report back once it arrives. Shout out to @Broark for vouching for these, and posting images earlier in the thread. Not sure why these are being slept on as they have all the hallmarks of greatness: Interesting fabric, small batch custom made to order, affordable ($230 USD shipped), linked to YM factory (can pull allllll the historic examples needed)

Great find Aho & Broark. Looks like they stocked the YM denim pullover which looks fantastic. I have to confess I wanted to slide into his DMs to ask how much it was but assumed it would be astronomical and didn’t want to look like a pauper.  Not cheap but not outrageous considering how nice it is. 
Looking forward to updates. 

Just got the Matin chambray, it's a little dark out but took a couple of photos. Tried it on briefly and it fits really well.
I'll get some better photos soon, really nice shirt. Seems like it's brand new and unworn.
6NkoMk5.jpg
Y7b3E3b.jpg
NJFa0Xn.jpg
cJChboF.jpg
LQE1CUu.jpg

Lovely writeup @volvo240thebest! Agreed I’m really enjoying my pair and they seem to be super fast faders. Will not be washing as frequently as a result.

Owe you some fit pics and owe @Broark post wash measurements! In ordered them with a custom 8 inch leg opening so they fit nicely down the leg but perhaps some slight hip flare due to the 38 inch waist. Detail and construction wise I love them for the price, esp. given the direct made to order ability. The denim will fade nicely I think

On 2/19/2020 at 3:53 AM, JDelage said:

Anyone familiar with Graphzero?

https://www.instagram.com/graphzero_heartmadebase/

I see Denimio is now carrying them. No knowledge myself. Items look fine I suppose, but I’ve only clicked through on one or two as navigating their website is an exercise in frustration. Looks like they have a lot of different products.

Soaked my Matin YM Factory chambray, very wrinkled but you get the idea.
I can see this getting a lot of wear in the summer with the sleeves rolled up.
Buttons are really nice, might be real pearl? Not sure.
6VAsU8W.jpg
axmfnvB.jpg
8vbXKmM.jpg
2kFzXQL.jpg
l2SPZZR.jpg
Uu4TqMl.jpg