Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

@MJF9 the measurements on SE are pretty accurate, here's what I got for the XL.
P2P: 23.5 in.
Length: 30 in.
Shoulders: 19 in.
Sleeves: 24 in.

I think after debating it I'm leaning towards keeping the shirt, it makes a nice overshirt and I think I can deal with the short sleeves.
My Roy shirts actually have the same sleeve measurements.

• 2 weeks later...

Denim bridge 3rd/02. 

Unedited photo in the sunlight. Looking quite hairy, which isn't that apparent normally. 

Roping is coming along nicely and the electric blue is starting to pop after a cold wash.

IMG_20190311_122429.jpg

IMG_20190311_122948.jpg

Edited by UkeNo

19 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

Kuniyoshi-san doesn't sew all models though. The guy who runs El Canek does (did?) make some and then Shingo makes the S Antique himself.

^ as Bob says, Double Volante sew the Lot 03. Jeans in Okinawa, the others are made in house by Shingo.

Any experience with Deluxeware's knitwear? A few of their sweatshirts have been catching my eye recently, but I'm not finding much info on sizing. The usual question, then: L or XL? Any anecdotes re: quality of fabric and / or construction also appreciated.

6 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Any experience with Deluxeware's knitwear? A few of their sweatshirts have been catching my eye recently, but I'm not finding much info on sizing. The usual question, then: L or XL? Any anecdotes re: quality of fabric and / or construction also appreciated.

@volvo240thebest got one of their sweatshirts

16 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

As @Bobbo said I have one Deluxeware sweatshirt. Great quality, I've had it for two years now and it has seen a lot of wear. It surely is one of the garments I wear more often. XL fits well my 104 cm chest (a smidgen less than 41 inches). I will get you some measurements tomorrow. Quality of fabric is amazing, my only personal gripe is that it's cut fairly long for me so I usually  wear it with the waistband folded insid. Don't think it would be a problem for others though. Most of the sweaters and sweatshirts I have are too long for my taste

Just now, mlwdp said:

@volvo240thebestDo you wear the flannels from Deluxeware too?  I can't seem to figure out their sizing.

No I don't have anything else by them, I wish to try some more of their stuff in the future though.

Thanks! Seems likely that I could maybe go for either an L or an XL based on that, but if you could post measurements anyway when you get the chance that would be great.

Is the longer length mostly noticeable in the body, or are the sleeves longer-than-average as well? 

Pit to pit 59 cm

Shoulder (from seam to seam) 51,5 cm

Overall length from base of the collar to bottom 67 cm

Pit to cuff 57 cm

Waistband 52 cm

For me it's long also in the sleeves but the sweatshirt is made with long ribbed wrists that look really good also when folded like this:

IMG_20190319_074159.thumb.jpg.289ba38c42d858477c44582b9b3cb14b.jpg

Edited by volvo240thebest

• 4 weeks later...

The Steam locomotive D62XXX. Far too little talk about this brand in my opinion. Quite an irregular, slubby denim with loads of character. So something for the PBJ/ONI guy/gal but with classic 50s/60s fits. Boatloads of different stich leanghts and thread colour. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Spiraltoy

Very nice spiraltoy, they look excellent. Self Edge used to sell Steam Locomotive about 9 jeans ago but had some kind of distribution issues I think, so dropped them. If I remember correctly, some people thought the fit on that model was a little unusual so they weren’t hugely popular. I’m pretty sure Slab had a pair.

7 hours ago, Maynard Friedman said:

Very nice spiraltoy, they look excellent. Self Edge used to sell Steam Locomotive about 9 jeans ago but had some kind of distribution issues I think, so dropped them. If I remember correctly, some people thought the fit on that model was a little unusual so they weren’t hugely popular. I’m pretty sure Slab had a pair.

If by "distribution issues" you mean they stole $20,000 USD from us and still owe us many years later.. haha..

At least now I can laugh about it, i spent years day dreaming about beating the living shit out of those guys.

Edited by kiya