Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

1 hour ago, unders said:

Great score for $60 @cheapmuthafukr  I have the WR101 and really like them. Like you the Wrangler details did it for me. 

Some of the WR leathers look amazing. I exchanged a number of emails with Akira at Western River on the WR101 and also the 1948 CSF collab (which ended up being too rich for me). Very friendly people. 

lol I remember when I asked Akira last year about shipping to USA.  His exact words were "Yeah but on your dime!"  Roflmao!

• 2 weeks later...

My Trophy 1605bk Black Dirt Denim came in today.

Here's some pics.  Very high rise as with most of the Trophy Denim.

Black Denim that will have gray fades.

Have no idea about the extra thread on the hem.

Very comfortable front pockets!  I can actually put my hands in them!

Thoughts?

IMG_2267.JPG

IMG_2268.JPG

IMG_2270.JPG

IMG_2271.JPG

IMG_2272.JPG

IMG_2273.JPG

IMG_2274.JPG

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2334.JPG

IMG_2338.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

Edited by mlwdp

That denim looks great! The detailing is pretty neat too; it's a nice mix of different styles. That said, they don't look anywhere near high-rise…

I'd seen Trophy on Denimio and never thought to look into them. Thanks for spurring my interest!

1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

That denim looks great! The detailing is pretty neat too; it's a nice mix of different styles. That said, they don't look anywhere near high-rise…

I'd seen Trophy on Denimio and never thought to look into them. Thanks for spurring my interest!

Thanks! I just spoke to Denimio about their advice and take on my fit through these pics and they said it looked perfect.  They also said that if I went up one more size, the legs would be super wide which is what I don't want.  

As far as the stretch in the denim, they said around an inch or more in this one wash style such as the waist when wearing them a few times.  They told me they'll be perfect after a few wears and comfortable. This was the same way with my SC1947s.

The deerskin patch is pretty cool, and reading about the gray fades will be interesting once I get these hemmed and into rotation. These are 14.5 oz and  not really hairy.  The cloth pocket bags are very nice. 

Cant find any fades of theses 1605BK anywhere, so I'll be th first guinea pig online.

I got into Trophy Denim when Megatron was posting his fits here.

Edited by mlwdp

Well, for what it's worth, all the styles that Trophy offers in size 34 and 36 have the same rises of 27-28cm, so I wouldn't really have a choice either way. 36 would be too wide in the thighs and waist.  I personally haven't worn a rise this size in a long time since a sizing mishap with TCB a while back.  I'm banking on the stretch.  Even the models wearing the denim show tightness in the crotch and back.

IMG_2372.JPG

IMG_2373.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 4:03 PM, SLAB said:

anyone familiar with the brand RElookus? I came across it on IG

On 2/1/2018 at 4:55 PM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Is it really a brand? I had the feeling it's rather a one-man operation.

On 2/1/2018 at 6:13 PM, Bobbo said:

^ Yeah I think so too. But it seems like he's stepping up his as of late and other Japanese instagrammers picking up his jeans.

I've ordered a pair! will let you know.
Hiroshi San is not a professional, jeans are entirely made by him in his free time, so there's a long wait (they'll be ready in april). All single stitching, and he still doens't have a Union Special for the hems. I like the cut on his fit pics very much. The arcs are horrible but I plan to levisify them as soon as the jeans will be in my hands!
The jeans are not repro style, he makes two models, XX and S (WWII) which basically incorporate the typical vintage style features on an original fit. i like the fit on him very much.
Denim is heavier than what I usually like and use (15 oz unsanforized, don't know from which mill), but I like the idea of trying out something completely new and different, and being the first overseas guinea pig, why not!

This will be his first pair in a size 36, so basically he checked throughly with me every single measurement to make sure it'll work for me. nice fella.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re Lookus jeans arrived!

great jeans great fabric great construction (for those who don't mind the 100% single stitch construction and overall non repro approach).

The cut will appeal a lot those looking for a smart, slightly tapered, medium rised pair of jeans. @beautiful_FrEaK you would totally love these jeans.

They fit slimmer than what I've expected, but the fit is fine, wil work well as a smart pair...

pics later or maybe tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Very nice man! Really strange to see you in such a tapered cut ;) What was the price?

indeed, I didn't expect the jeans to be so tapered, and to be fair the white's makes the cut look more tapered that it actually is.

And the hem width is 22 cm.

175 eur including EMS

Edited by volvo240thebest

13 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

They look great volvo and fit you well and would certainly be on my list. Are yours the XX or WW2 pair? 

Also, does he have size charts?

Mine are the xx model although the jeans came with no rivets on coinpocket. He has charts for the sizes he already made, you would be a 32 I guess.

26 minutes ago, mlwdp said:

@volvo240thebestDid you wash the denim again before you wore them to get more shrinkage out or is that it as far as shrinkage goes?

Hiroshi said to not wash or soak, the shrinkage is already done.

Thanks again, I just had a quick look at his Instagram but couldn’t see any charts, I assume you have to request them. What’s the difference between the two styles then? Both seem to have no coin pocket rivets and stitched arcs. Is it the buttons and possibly the cuts?

here's BIG style measurements for the sake of posterity, in cm.

Re Lookus RE01XX size 36, after about 3 hours of wear.

waist 46 x2 = 92 cm
front rise 29 cm
back rise 41 cm
thigh 31,5 cm
inseam 77 cm in my case
hem width 22 cm

The jeans are not fully stretched yet.