Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

the quality looks pretty good, but it's hard for me to tell without having worn them at all. but i think they're safely worth the $60. i'm not sure what style you're looking for, but perhaps this 66-model might be interesting:

http://www.j-e-a-n-s.net/cgi-bin/item/A1/a1-163.htm

you can find many of their models at j-e-a-n-s.net:

http://www.j-e-a-n-s.net/cgi-bin/src2/?brand=%A5%D6%A5%E9%A5%F3%A5%C9%CC%BE%A4%CE%C6%AC%CA%B8%BB%FA%A4%F2%C1%AA%A4%F3%A4%C7%A4%AF%A4%C0%A4%B5%A4%A4&key=blue+way∨=0

those look interesting..what is a 66 cut?

vintage repros are often categorized by which year their originals were made. that's why you often hear things like: 47, 55 and 66 models.

usually, the order is from loosest to tightest: 55 ---> 47 ---> 66

sugarcane and lvcs follow this model.

on the other hand, full count 1108, eternal 811 and flathead 3008 are all based on the 66 cut, but they don't call themselves 66s because they're altered from the normal 66s to their likings.

you'll find more about this topic if you search.

I love what I've seen of Joe McCoy but haven't been able to find any info on them. Can someone throw me a store or something? Rakuten has turned up nothing

Joe McCoy is now known as both Real McCoy's and Toys McCoy...I'm not sure which one is the operating name of company atm, because the number of stores that offer real mccoy products on Rakuten seems to be shrinking. It's too bad, they look unbelievably sturdy and colorfast.

I've been wanting to check for Kapital since I heard they'd have it at the American Rag World Denim Bar. Don't know if they do or not. I remember coldrice bringing up one of their models (zipang) as a nice and more affordable substitute for the 45rpm jomon.

vintage repros are often categorized by which year their originals were made. that's why you often hear things like: 47, 55 and 66 models.

usually, the order is from loosest to tightest: 55 ---> 47 ---> 66

sugarcane and lvcs follow this model.

on the other hand, full count 1108, eternal 811 and flathead 3008 are all based on the 66 cut, but they don't call themselves 66s because they're altered from the normal 66s to their likings.

you'll find more about this topic if you search.

oy. no 66 for me then!

and `green` is good jeans brand in Daikanyama Japan.

skinny nice cut !

i would like to know more if its possible, i like the name green jeans, enough to make me want to know more

these look pretty good, like the green-line selvedge and interesting looking leather patch

i think what it does tell us is how as a western world we are so politically correct now that we cant have images like that without causing some offence. usually offence to the people its not portraying!

ugh, really?

• 1 month later...

Ah very interesting topic i was just about to make one myself.

So I went to a store called chiodo (melbourne) yesterday, which stocks some japanese labels like comme, junya and their own label which is chiodo.

And the guy who works there come up to me and said they also stock a new label called Aika which has only started in Japan a year ago.

Their stuffs are really nice, basically military casual for everyday use.

Raw denim (i think one wash) 14.5 oz and some thick cotton m65s.

They also makes some nice slim cargo pants.

Anyone ever heard of the brand Aika? I've searched on google rakuten with no luck.

• 2 weeks later...