Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

We've all heard of sugarcane, samurai, studio, etc...

but what about the smaller brands that havent really gotten any hype at all?

For example

Two Moon

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/takeoff-c/i00001332/

and

Cushman

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/takeoff-c/i00001733/

Any others?

Both of the above pairs look real nice, I think my next pair will be the two moons from that worn in pic, so why havent they got any hype?

i just wish people could stop fiending for "vintage amerkaji" styles.

my dad's friends are into that kinda shit. e.g. real mccoys (however it's spelled)

and only the people who hang out in ame-mura in osaka

Yeah those Two Moons are really nice, I've spotted them before. Other hidden gold I think are those Domingo / Omnigods that Chicken has + if I were a betting man, I would say a pair called 'cisco' by 45rpm like brand, Kapital would blow up on here if, say BIG started to stock them.

Denime is pretty well known here already. McCoy less so.

All it takes is 1) someone be brave, get a pair and post pics, then 2) give clear instructions on how to buy a pair.

Through this method, many a name has been blown up here, Iron Heart, Skulls, Oni, Guitar Wolf, etc.

IMHO so many japanese jeans are so similar, there are tons of lesser brands with all the same features, cuts. Just gotta look.

Nylon - weird name, but some of the best jeans out there. They were based out of Kobe - they went out of business, but they still have a store in Kobe and there still is stock available

Pherrow's - I've mentioned this brand in other threads - they're one of my personal favorites

UES - they've got a store in Daikanyama and Kobe, but OT+E just started stocking them as well

Of course, these brands fall into the whole Amerkaji vintage camp

Has anybody heard of Blue Way? ... Does anybody know about their raw denim collection or anything? And yeah, theres a lot of "unknown" brands that mainstray people on this board don't know but if you mess around through the japan sites enough, you see them around. Acoustic, Porkys, Toy Mccoy, and some of the Omnigod stuff is realalal nice.

yeah im looking around rakuten for a relatively cheaper pair (170 max) to beat the shit out of, something that fades real fast but wont end up looking like levis stf.

The cisco's are nice and like 150, I think im either going for those or a pair by studio oribe

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/awish/413346/420294/#493744

look nice imo just maybe a bit to much at the moment^

Has anybody heard of Blue Way? ... Does anybody know about their raw denim collection or anything? And yeah, theres a lot of "unknown" brands that mainstray people on this board don't know but if you mess around through the japan sites enough, you see them around. Acoustic, Porkys, Toy Mccoy, and some of the Omnigod stuff is realalal nice.

i have a pair of pre-distressed Blue Ways (they're not bad). i think they're known for their washes more than anything. i've never actually seen a pair of raw/one-wash blue ways in person but i think someone posted a pair in the Lets See What You've Got thread.

Anyone here heard of Heddie Lovu? I passed by their store while walking around the Ometosando area in Tokyo and the store interior, as well as the jeans, felt like Dolce & Gabbana on steroids and red bull. They also did raw denim i believe, everything was selvedge and very expensive...but the specialty was overdistressed jeans. Everything was hung up and presented as if the jeans were untouchable, the store was really dark and slick, the music was so noisy i was getting claustrophobic being in there.

Denime is pretty well known here already. McCoy less so.

All it takes is 1) someone be brave, get a pair and post pics, then 2) give clear instructions on how to buy a pair.

Through this method, many a name has been blown up here, Iron Heart, Skulls, Oni, Guitar Wolf, etc.

IMHO so many japanese jeans are so similar, there are tons of lesser brands with all the same features, cuts. Just gotta look.

Damn, I was the guine pig on that one! I wear them at work now on the weekends... don't seem to be fading at all after the first wash

hey Ryu, good to see you around these parts again. Since you're in Japan, i'd love your input on this: What exactly is the story behind "Heddie Lovu" jeans brand? Is it pretty popular in Japan? It looks like something that stylists would love but the jeans look like an Abercrombie & Fitch/Dolce & Gabbana mix, for that price i can't see those jeans being accepted by the average young fashion consumer especially since the name isn't so big elsewhere.

why yes. i do happen to own a pair of raw blue way denim (8968-80). i got them for about ¥7,000, which answers maydenchina's question, too. they are one of the darkest denim i own and i would probably be wearing them if the cut was slimmer. i'm keeping them in case i feel like start wearing more xx-type cuts again.

coin pocket and crotch swastika?

卍 is originally a sign for temples in japan, for hundreds of years i believe. too bad it's now associated with something else.

manji.jpg

卍 is originally a sign for temples in japan, for hundreds of years i believe. too bad it's now associated with something else.

manji.jpg

yeah, i understand the history of it, they have a lot of stuff with swastika's in vietnam too. The Nazi one is crooked, but the traditional one is not. Still not much of a differential for me to rock it though

why yes. i do happen to own a pair of raw blue way denim (8968-80). i got them for about ¥7,000, which answers maydenchina's question, too. they are one of the darkest denim i own and i would probably be wearing them if the cut was slimmer. i'm keeping them in case i feel like start wearing more xx-type cuts again.

Thanks for the input, how is the quality on them, in comparsion to other brands? Was it well worth the 60 dollars? cuz actually...I know somebody and her "aunt" is the VP of one of the departments so she gets 50%+ off every model, but and the "aunt" said to just give out the model numbers but my friend doesn't know the styles or anything.