Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

I'm not sure how true that is any more, b_F seems to have been wearing lots of different brands lately. I've been impressed that he has beaten the addiction.

It feels good to break out of the "one-brand cylce", you should try it M1stral ;) j/k

My latest Samurai jeans were bought this year (S5000VX25oz-15th) but before that I bought the 710XX in 2011. I think I have a pretty wide range of brands covered but I don't own any jeans currently sold at SE (since they no longer stock Skulls).

I have 2 main brands and that are Samurai and Denime. They cover both edges of the spectrum (IMO).

Crazy, experimental, slubby, heavy denim = Samurai; and the more true repro denim brand = Denime

Inbetween are the other brands

bF, I think that's the way to go and it's what I've limited myself to. Samurai 710XX for crazy heavy slub town, Warehouse 660 for easy-wearing everyday jean. When these two pairs are beat to death, I'll start again, perhaps with PBJ and Kapital... or a pair from an unknown Japanese brand. If only there was a thread for that...

on the flip-side, i seem to whore on new denim concepts [eg, dyed wefts, different weave techniques, etc.] in-between .... different strokes for different folks, i guess.

with the acquisition of the Champloo & quite recently SG 3105 [gray weft on LHT],  i am done for a long while  ...  ie, once i get my hands on RMC lot 003  :)

Hajime san @ TCB agreed to make me a type II in my "ratherbigforjapanesestandards" size 42. Just placed the order, it'll take a while to make it but it's fine with me.. i'll have plenty time to practice that master Myagi grimace that we all appreciate, which must go together with the jacket!

null_zps8b5a86bc.jpg

^ I saw your fb comment.. well there you have a very Japanese zen chance to train your patience! and you'll get a big reward out of it.

I can't comment on the 50's but the 60's I got are just amazing, easily the best money I spent on denim so far!

TCB 60

28 - Waist 72, Inseam 84, Front Rise 25.5, Thigh 27.6, Leg Opening 18.6

30 - Waist 77, Inseam 84, Front Rise 26, Thigh 28.8, Leg Opening 19.8

32 - Waist 82, Inseam 84, Front Rise 26.5, Thigh 30, Leg Opening 21

34 - Waist 87, Inseam 84, Front Rise 27, Thigh 31.2, Leg Opening 22.2

36 - Waist 92, Inseam 84, Front Rise 27.5, Thigh 32.4, Leg Opening 23.4

TCB 50

28 - Waist 74, Inseam 84, Front Rise 28, Thigh 28.5, Leg Opening 20

30 - Waist 77.5, Inseam 84, Front Rise 28.5, Thigh 30.5, Leg Opening 21

32 - Waist 82, Inseam 84, Front Rise 29, Thigh 32, Leg Opening 22

34 - Waist 86, Inseam 84, Front Rise 29, Thigh 33, Leg Opening 23

36 - Waist 91, Inseam 84, Front Rise 30, Thigh 35, Leg Opening 24.5

• 2 weeks later...

Soaking update.

Before

waist: 33,75"

front rise: 12,75

back rise: 16

thigh: 13,5

knee: 10,375

leg opening: 9,25

inseam: 35

After:

waist: 34" (but was down to around 32" or less, stuck a hanger in the waist after soaking)

front rise: 12,25

back rise: 15,5

thigh: 13,375

knee: 10,125

leg opening: 9

inseam: 33,875

Similar shrinkage to Skulls Jeans sanforized denim. Really surprised by the shrinkage in the waist.