Unknown Japanese Brands

ktouran6923

jeezes i really want the s301; I'd better ask my wife to write to them and ask if they come in size 29; seems the few places that do sell them start from size 30 and up (for this particular model)

I've got the 1954 on the way via proxy. The owner doesn't speak a word of English but his sister did some translating and was very helpful but it was getting so complicated I went via sutocorp. He will sell direct but I'm the first person he's ever sold to outside of Japan. They are raw, unwashed.

• 4 weeks later...

Porky's Original 66model they are basically the inhouse brand for the Porky's Kyoto the same as burgus plus for hinoya and strikegold for klax-on. Porky's jeans have only 3 basic model which is 66, XX, and bootcut.

the XX model use different denim from this 66 apparently the denim on XX is heavier, 15oz and darker.

-I decided to try this jeans out since i saw their sample faded pair on lightning denim buyers guide and quite impressed with how well they aged based on the pictures..

I pulled the trigger on size 28 since i usually wear size 29 on other jeans and i was feeling pretty trim at that time of ordering but i got a little fat earlier this year so they been sitting in the closet for a couple of months. Its just until now that i be able to fit into them again.

14.5oz denim

low -medium rise

back pocket sits lower than normal vintage cut

dark indigo smooth denim with a tiny bit of slubbiness, reminds me of skull denim but less hairy

red tab

pink selvage

relatively small front pocket opening

solid hardware, steel button, copper rivets

belt loop is raised eventhough small in width

back pocket authenticity ticket..i love this

they came in one wash

and i love the button hole stiching on these..very neat and strong

goat leather patch

here are some pictures from their website and some that ive taken myself

IMG_8459.jpg

IMG_8458.jpg

img56424704.jpg

img56424705.jpg

img56424706.jpg

img56424711.jpg

img56424708.jpg

img56424709.jpg

img56424707.jpg

img56424710.jpg

IMG_8472.jpg

IMG_8475.jpg

IMG_8476.jpg

and the fit pics

IMG_8457-1.jpg

IMG_8455-1.jpg

i sag them a little bit since the rise is too low for me, if i could do it again i'd size one up and wear them a little higher. overall i love these jeans, the fit is modern based loosely on 66' cut and the denim is very crispy yet comfortable :)

>

can i get the measurements raw and after soaking?

Hey ed, they came in one-washed. Im not too positive about the being available in raw..

I'll take the measurement when I got a chance but ive done alot of stretching on them thus my measurement wouldnt be so helpful. If it means anything, the measurement on the site is pretty accurate in my book.

I don't think these have been posted yet...

I found these at Gorilla in Tokyo.

IMG_0025.JPG?psid=1

IMG_0027.JPG?psid=1

IMG_0028.JPG?psid=1

I really like the slubby texture. Also note the yellow and blue selvedge edges.

IMG_0029.JPG?psid=1

They had 5 styles to choose from. They had some "biker" styles with knee reinforcements, but I didnt love all the stitching around the knee. The basic styles are clean and top notch though.

IMG_0030.JPG?psid=1