Outlets in Hong Kong

jks

well seeing that jil, watanabe, chalayan, etc. aren't even that popular in hong kong (almost everything seemed to make it to the sales)... i highly doubt mainlanders would come fiending for it.

My point exactly, the "trendier" mainlanders do seem to find their way there, but for the wrong reasons, I guess someone has to buy the other "famous" brands.

Thats why people like us still go there once every blue moon to see if there's anything worth picking up. To be honest I ain't gonna pay full price for some of the stuff knowing it will make it to the outlets.

well given that SH is the fashion capital of china, it's not suprising.

also there are a lot of expats working there now as well.

Well, given how much more expensive designer garb is sold in China due to tax and the proficiency of counterfeiters and the tendency of Chinese nationals' unwillingness to pay for what they deemed as overpriced items (for reasons like they do not want to be taken for a ride), its hard to succeed in selling designer wear in China.

Re the I.T. sale shop in TST:

Truth be told, you're only ever going to find a gem once in like a 100 visits (and trust me, it took that many visits but I live in the area so you can't blame me for trying).

I scored a Hussein Chalayan top for 10% of the price but it was ages ago (2 years?) and I haven't found anything worthwhile since.