Outlets in Hong Kong

jks

Going to be heading up there next month. I wanted to know if anybody could recommend any outlets for cheaper previous season stuff. I'm specifically looking for RMC & Evisu denims and Y-3 clothes.

Also, any recommendations for cool denim places in addition to 1001 Originals & Take 5?

Thanks.

Going to be heading up there next month. I wanted to know if anybody could recommend any outlets for cheaper previous season stuff. I'm specifically looking for RMC & Evisu denims and Y-3 clothes.

Also, any recommendations for cool denim places in addition to 1001 Originals & Take 5?

Thanks.

Hi!

You can do a search on my old posts where I talked about going to HK.

RMC - I have seen small quantities on sale in Lane Crawford store in AP Lei Chau.

You can try Evisu at Lane Crawfords branches all over Hong Kong.

As for Y-3, think it could be carried with Joyce.

Do let me know too as I am keen on their futuristic grey or black sneakers.

i went to the joyce and lane crawford outlets in december. it was not worth the trip at all, especially the joyce outlet. just a bunch of big sizes and ugly clothes.

there was RMC stuff at the lane crawford but really limited styles. i don't think there are any other outlets and there are a lot of RMC fakes out there so beware.

d-mop was running sales on Y-3 stuff before i left.

it is best to visit the outlets of LF and Joyce at the begining of each month, this is when they bring out the "new" stuff and you have a better chance in copping in your size!

You may find some good stuff if you're lucky.

I have seen Number nine, Watanabe, undercover and so on at the outlets

Y3 is not carried by JOYCE, it is carried by D-MOP, they have shops everywhere. You should go to TST for RMC, their shop is there!

it is best to visit the outlets of LF and Joyce at the begining of each month, this is when they bring out the "new" stuff and you have a better chance in copping in your size!

You may find some good stuff if you're lucky.

I have seen Number nine, Watanabe, undercover and so on at the outlets

Y3 is not carried by JOYCE, it is carried by D-MOP, they have shops everywhere. You should go to TST for RMC, their shop is there!

I recall the staff at Joyce told me new stocks comes in daily. But of course I did not test out the theory

Trust me, unless you know the staff personally, you would be better off going the start of the month.

Haha!

Think I will do that. Although in their defence, they did point out to me there were cardboard boxes of what was tomorrow's new clothes lying in one corner of the shop.

Anyway contrary to what Landy said, I did find many gems there. Their denim selection for women's was quite impressive. Even saw a blue denim leather mix Galliano jeans there. I guess you must wear large sizes to really score something.

its random but i was over there this past july for the first time and it was f-ing hot i mean i took like 10 showers a day cold water and back out sweating again, i think my metablolism rose while i was staying in hk

the Joyce Warehouse outlet isn't worth the trip IMO...it's pretty far out there, and the selection looks good on paper but it's all the throwaway pieces. Also the discounts aren't even that deep...instead of makin it the heaviest discount they can, they do it in increments over the course of like a year before it hits rock bottom.

The only good thing i've seen there was the Dior Homme 'follow me' electric blue silk suit. A LOT of Watanabe/Miyake but none of the good stuff...some Yohji, but again the worst throwaway pieces.

That Silvercord mall is rather odd. A lot of the stores on the same floor seem to sell very similar things.

Oh really? On the same side of the floor was only the IT sale shop. There is a staircase just outside the store. Further in the mall were the standard shops. Maybe I should look harder next time. I just felt the IT sale shop was a waste of time and beat a hasty retreat after that. Even the food court at the bottom did not look good.

the Joyce Warehouse outlet isn't worth the trip IMO...it's pretty far out there, and the selection looks good on paper but it's all the throwaway pieces. Also the discounts aren't even that deep...instead of makin it the heaviest discount they can, they do it in increments over the course of like a year before it hits rock bottom.

The only good thing i've seen there was the Dior Homme 'follow me' electric blue silk suit. A LOT of Watanabe/Miyake but none of the good stuff...some Yohji, but again the worst throwaway pieces.

Well, I did see things I liked and fitted me from Watanabe to Margiela to Chayalan to Jil to Mcqueen.

And they were not exactly crap. Guess different people like different things.

Joyce sale shop would be one of the first places I would go if I were to visit Hong Kong. The first place if there were no other sale in Hong Kong.

i'd think joyce would have some interesting stuff, since some stuff doesn't get bought and gets sent back to the warehouse... hope i get lucky the next time i'm in HK (i was pretty lucky at their normal sale this year!)

So what did you get during their normal sale?

I received an email from Joyce this month for their last last call sales where on top of their usual sale, if you buy a certain amount, you can get up to 30% on the discounted price.

Now. Thats' a good sale. Would be fantastic if some Dior Homme wax or lustre denim is still available at the desired size.

one of the SA's hooked me up with a nice discount on top of the discounts already. i think they send some of the stuff back to the warehouse to avoid marking it down to the last last call sale - but i'm sure there was some stuff i'd be interested in with the extra 30% - i got the email but i was just too lazy to call...

one of the SA's hooked me up with a nice discount on top of the discounts already. i think they send some of the stuff back to the warehouse to avoid marking it down to the last last call sale - but i'm sure there was some stuff i'd be interested in with the extra 30% - i got the email but i was just too lazy to call...

The SAs can be very helpful but not in a pushy way.

Maybe they get some commission from the sales although the SA helping me did not give me any additional discounts when I needed just a few hundred HK dollars to hit the required target.

well, it really depends what you are after, if you want the latest designs then obvisously the outlets are not for you, but if you don't mind cloths a season or 2 behind and want to find some bargins then you might get lucky, there are a number of times I go there and find nothing, but if you do, it's worth the trip. BTW if you are a tourist you will find a lot of other outlets there from asian art to indian rugs!

they also have a pricing system, so newers stock cost more and on the price tag they mark the price from say feb-june, with reduction each month, I have seen sales keep newer items for their regular customers out the back, and leave the crap out for the increasing demand of mainlanders venturing to these outlets, I guess if you ask them nicely, they might hook you up!

well, it really depends what you are after, if you want the latest designs then obvisously the outlets are not for you, but if you don't mind cloths a season or 2 behind and want to find some bargins then you might get lucky, there are a number of times I go there and find nothing, but if you do, it's worth the trip. BTW if you are a tourist you will find a lot of other outlets there from asian art to indian rugs!

they also have a pricing system, so newers stock cost more and on the price tag they mark the price from say feb-june, with reduction each month, I have seen sales keep newer items for their regular customers out the back, and leave the crap out for the increasing demand of mainlanders venturing to these outlets, I guess if you ask them nicely, they might hook you up!

What you say is very true and echo my experience.

I guess we should go during the non-peak tourist season.

As for mainlanders, I think they will aim for the more 'famous' brands Joyce carries like Boss and previously Armani and Prada. I wonder how popular would Jil, Watanabe, Chalayan and Galliano go down with them.

Too bad I am not a regular customer although if the SAs earn on a commission basis, I suppose they still can earn a bit from a non-regular customer like me.

well seeing that jil, watanabe, chalayan, etc. aren't even that popular in hong kong (almost everything seemed to make it to the sales)... i highly doubt mainlanders would come fiending for it.

What a pity. They do make good togs.

Guess mainlanders are still interested in flashy clothes with big big labels.

Versace anyone?