guitar amps and guitars

poly800rock

• 9 years later...
  • 3 months later...

158D2EBB-63ED-4476-A1DB-A7BCF7B4ABCF.jpeg

2010 fender american standard precision bass

2014 fender american standard precision bass (this came with custom shop pickups)

the 2014 has been sold some time ago

Edited by pomata

CFE84F51-E1A8-4F8A-8293-6A451C8B10C8.jpeg

the bass on the right is a 1993 warwick corvette proline (made in germany). I bought this in 1995 in Bologna and this was the first good musical instrument I got. I think I'm never gonna sell this one if I can. emotional reasons, you know

Edited by pomata

• 3 weeks later...

I've owned various fancy guitars over the years including by small builders of relic Fender-style guitars, but I'm as happy as I've ever been with just a couple of very basic instruments:

• Squier Classic Vibe Jazzmaster, Sonic Blue
  • Fender Mexican Precision Bass

The only modifications I've made to these guitars is a neck shim on the Jazzmaster, and changing the pickguards (to mint green and tortoiseshell, respectively.) Great guitars. Play well and sound nice with stock pickups and hardware. Perfect for the shoegaze/dream pop/emo/indie rock sort of music I play. My $2000+ guitars really didn't feel $1500 better than this Squier - or I'm just not a good enough player after eighteen years of playing to notice the difference.

I play into a Line 6 Helix, I love this thing. Best money I ever spent on a piece of gear. Great tones, easy to use, endlessly customizable. Though I tend to stick with modeling a Fender black twin style amp as a clean base with drive and effects added via pedal modeling. One day I'll get around to buying a Powercab so I'm not just playing through headphones.