BiG's new one wash service

ndmhxc

so you buy the jean and they wash it for you...

wouldnt it just be better to do it yourself since you bought it anyway?

maybe i read it wrong..

If they are returnable, that'd mean you know whether they are going to fit or not as soon as you get them.

^ Agreed and in my experience, Japanese denim shrinks amazingly in accordance with what the sites suggest therefore if you know that a pair oif Sammys will shrink to 36" inseam then just get them hemmed to what you want +2".

Also the OW examples look beat to shit. The boat sail cloth shows signs of tumble drying. I don't think they or the weft would get so much indigo with a machine wash.

I've talked to Gordon about this he said that he prefer to have each of everyjeans they carried in onewash..

It's easier for them to sell the general public a pair of jeans that fit them off the bat rather than a pair where the buyer is unsure how the final fit will be (ie.post-initial wash)

i remember talking to gordon and he said he tumble dried all the jeans he owns.

I recall one of the other guys telling me Gordon also washes his jeans every two weeks or some shit. In the same conversation, guy also told me that he buys his shit so small that he can't button the top-2 buttons pre-soak.

Typing this shit, it all sounds pretty dubious. Then again, I was buying $400 of (properly sized) merchandise, so why would he lie???

Needless to say, I didn't hear this from Gordon's mouth, so take it with a grain of salt. Point being: there's a lot of ways to do this, but I've got a distinct feeling most people here don't approach denim the same way Gordon does.

yeah, he said to me he never pays attention to the waist, only to the legs and thighs..

I'm actually beginning to realize that this is something I need to do. I have multiple jeans from 29-30 waist that all fit completely different in the waist, but the thigh is the biggest "problem" area for me. When I tried to slip into my 74 Ande Whall Grifters, my legs were screaming. I couldn't even get the jeans all the way up, yet my RRDS measure 29 across right now and they fit great. Waist size is like dick size. Or so I hear.

i normally wear 29 but at that time they only have 27 and 30 so i go for 30 and maximize the shrinkage.

PS. Poly, I guess you already know. but just to remind you that when you put jeans in tumble dry. they'll have line at the side ( best way to do is to dry them inside out and iron them. I had a bad experience from that.

you made me buy jeans.

Oh, maybe that's why my 45rpms have that crease down the side. I assumed it was just from folding.

Nothing to do with folding. My other jeans don't have those lines and i fold all of my jeans in the same way. I have such lines on my sorahiko too. I think that's happen when they dry jeans (Not inside out, tumble dry). I realize about the line when i put my apc in the dryer.

Guest jeffvyain

i feel like drying makes it harder for the creases that you've set to return once you put the jeans back on. i, personally, prefer to dry my jeans early on to maximize shrinkage and rarely, if at all, dry them again.