J-horror recs?

Joel_Cairo

The Ring triology goes with out saying. I enjoyed Suicide Club (Jisatsu Sakaru/Circle) I can't remember anything off the top of my head. Lots of J-horror has been remade for America.

^

honestly, after watching visitor q i felt like washing my eyes with soap. takeshi miike is wack, but in a morbidly entertaining way.

tell me about it. Since seeing it, I just haven't been able to enjoy necrophilia or incest or heroin or breast milk or sodomy with a microphone like I used to.

the original ring trilogy.

the girl crawling out of the tv will not be come as surprise to anyone anymore, but it still can shock.

also ring 3 or ring 0, cant remember, but when the main character is climbing out of the well. that shit is not nice.

also cant remember the title, but theres a japanese film where a single mother lives in an aprtment and the lift is haunted or something. v. atmospheric

I've only seen Cure and Infection. Cure was my favorite of the two, since it had this weird lonely feeling to it and didn't involve green ooze. can anybody recommend other movies with the similar atmosphere/feel to them?

I tried watching Kwaidan, but it was just too old to hold my attention, despite the critical acclaim

I've only seen Cure and Infection. Cure was my favorite of the two, since it had this weird lonely feeling to it and didn't involve green ooze. can anybody recommend other movies with the similar atmosphere/feel to them?

I tried watching Kwaidan, but it was just too old to hold my attention, despite the critical acclaim

doppleganger also staring yakusho koji

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

House was good. I'll assume it is as derivative as it seems: Very scooby-doo/surf with heavy Argento and Hammer-set nods.

I chortled on beer when the cat meowed the theme while pawing piano keys.

meow...meowmeowmeow