australia :: perth :: shopping

home

cheers jpgm, has anyone been to a shop on william st at northbridge, just next to the teapot shop? Was just wondering around and walked in and it had some nice shirts and jumpers.

Was that shop Spokey Dokes?

Another shop to check out is in South Perth. Its called Zepplins and it is accross the road from Wesley College. (Angelo Street)

Was that shop Spokey Dokes?

Another shop to check out is in South Perth. Its called Zepplins and it is accross the road from Wesley College. (Angelo Street)

The shop was lalaorange, they have a website but I can't remember it, comes up it you google it.

Anyone checked out zekka on king street. The guy there was really nice, it was good to talk to someone about clothes that isnt on the internet.

bought a rick owens sheer tee over the phone from them, really friendly service and they'll send you pics of any items in the store you are interested in via email. decent prices for an Australian store. stocks rick owens, drkshdw, n(n), attachment, undercover, raf simons and a couple of other labels.

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone checked out zekka on king street. The guy there was really nice, it was good to talk to someone about clothes that isnt on the internet.

Just went in there at lunchtime today, yeh the guy is really nice. Cool little shop with the cafe and artwork. He said he was getting alot more stuff soon if anyone's keen to check it out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was in Zekka a week or two ago. Friendliest shopkeeper guy ever. I think that he said the Julius stuff was coming in a couple of months. Too bad I can't afford any of it.

Even if you're not planning on spending $750 on cardigans and whatnot, check the place out. It's like you've stepped out of Perth and into some cosmopolitan city.

theres a place next door to Family on Murray Street.. cant remember the name.. its across the road from Jim Kidd.. has some not bad stuff that will come under 300 (edit: now that i think about it it might be down the road a bit.. cant picture it). Bally on King St.. not sure of prices but im assuming around that level.. Parker and Co. on St Georges Tce might have something.. others should help out.. never really been in the market for expensive-ish dress shoes.

if you can make any sense of this then youre doing pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...
Chanced upon the just opened Dilettante when I was in Perth last Dec. Stocked Viridi Anne, Undercover, Azumi and David, Anne Valerie Hash, Westwood and other stuff. Was a total surprise for me as I had extremely low expectations of shopping in Perth. The staff were pretty nice to talk to, although it sucked to have to pay full price at the end of the season. They mentioned a new mens store with a similar vibe opening near Queen's street, anyone has info on that? Might give me a reason to want to visit my relatives there again.

so i read on Viridi Anne's website that this store was a stockist. Is it just womens or is it mens as well? I would love to pick up some viridi Anne.

Has anyone else been here. If your interested please check it out and let me know. I will try and find the website :D email..etc

edit: http://www.dilettante.net/

Went over to Perth a couple months back for a job assessment and had some time to wander around the city and was really surprised at how much better than Adelaide it was lol... Stumbled across Wasteland on King's St. and again was taken back by the labels they stocked as well as the art related gear. Store assistant recommended this coffee joint around the corner called Tiger Tiger I think and it was one of the best coffees I had.

Looking at all the other shops posted here, I'm pretty keen to explore the city some more when I head over there next year. Just a bit unsure about the living expenses especially accomodation. Heard it was almost as bad as Sydney :(

yeh i have heard the same.. But some of these jap labels being carried are amazing. I guess there must be a market over there, not sure why, perhaps mining?...i cant wait to check out some of these stores anyway. I ant to head over before the end of the year.