Evolution of your style

djrajio

Rajio - Your style still looks basically the same to me. Just different pieces.

Kix - Hypebeast stee suits you better imo. stop trying to dress like Chris, dress like yourself, dior jeans dont suit you man.

This thread breaks my browser

i like this one

312i6w0.jpg

looks good right in the middle.

wth r u talking about? "I was never one to buy into trendy things".....

Werent u all hypebeast not too long ago?

I remember lurking through hypebeast alot no too long ago, and i remember u were all baped out, from the multi-colored all over print hoodies to the hyped up sb's.And this was in the midst of all of that stuff being "trendy".

I'm not sayin theres anything wrong with dressing a certain way, or if your style has changed. But don't act like you were too cool, and act like u never hopped on the bandwagon of certain "trendy things" that were cool at the time, and not so cool now.

And you are? My clothes that I wear today are the clothes Ive had for quite a while... I do have some SBs but I prefer GR dunks (which hypebeasts hate).. I only have a small collection of co.jp dunks, which are, and STILL are the best dunks ever to be released.. Im sort of infatuated with japanese stuff, which is another reason Ive learned to like denim so much, after seeing the trash thats mass produced

PS: I have one BAPE hoody, and its from '04; when you still wore ecko and sean john, and before you became a uber hypebeast... I still have it, cause it wasn't a trend for me. You will rarely see anyone with this hoody because its very hard to come by and uncommon

I think Ive posted a total of 2 WDYWT on hypebeast, I guess you made a large generalization based on those pics.but this is stupid, Im just wasting my time on you

definitely a fun thread, I'm gonna take a chance with this one and go back suuuuper far

pre-skinny azn fuck i'd say when i was like 12?

468064319_l.jpg

maybe like 2 years ago? still wear that shirt and those shoes are completely fucked up

2.jpg

ilooktall.jpg

last year around like march (yeah when i got into the whole streetwear shabang)

IMG_1223.jpg

my first post on superfuture

img3006sd1.jpg

n2419124_31339142_2391.jpg

this pic got people sorta worked up on the hypebeast forums for some strange reason

img3793sb9.jpg

sdfdfyz6.jpg

and my most recent, funny how this looks just like the pic of me two years ago

n2419124_31715666_2451.jpg

Guest StuckOnStupid

i gotta say carl and kix win most illest improvededness of the year. kix howd you do it? trimspa?

i had this conversation regarding that whole nike dunk/beat hoodie shit with someone the other day...and we kind of realized...why do they call that shit "streetwear", when the only time you really see that shit is either on the internet, bought from the internet, or completely inspired BY the internet? what the fuck is so street about that?

in any case, everyone who posted improved, and i think as far as that whole skate/street style, millspex and that kid 78 are in the rare exception of people that do it stylishly and naturally on this particular venue. clothes shouldnt look like a costume, no matter conservative or casual.

kix has def improved. it sucks because i can't clown him too much anymore.

i am pretty much indifferent to carl's evolutions.

i liked djrario's (some of the best peices on sufu) wardrobe/ensemble except for the white l/s shirt pic.

cheap's evolution purely depends on what comes in at his thrift-hunting spots. while his fit is good, i see no real change.

chris has always been pretty good. i am happy that he hasn't been rocking slip on's as of late.

This was one of the first ones I saw djrajio post...

2006031217110003jv.jpg

... and I was definitely impressed. It just somehow reminded me of The Thomas Crown Affair. Although, I must say, I am definitely surprised to see Rajiv in Alife slip-ons though haha.

I also remember Mike mad beasted out rockin some A.P.C.'s and Nudies, and Carl not showing his face in the pics. My, how things have changed... for the better for sho.

Making fun (and jokes) is fine and I know MilSpex often does that.

Useless, thinly veiled hatred over and over and OVER again isn't.

MilSpex isn't a bad guy, I just don't appreciate the aggresively homphobic comments as I wouldn't appreciate comments that were aggresively misogynistic or racist or whatever.

agreed. Not that I have anything against MilSpex but would deeply appreciate if he keeps his aggressive words on the low.

oh man i wish i had taken pics back in 2003 when i first started getting into fashion, and kept all my pics from then to now. Too bad i've deleted/removed all pics from my camera/hard drive/photobucket. Would've been interesting to see the style.

my evolution summed up in words:

- Phat farm/Ecko/nerdy hip hop slash Big Pimpin video wannabe

- Casual high-end, still working around with coordinating and being awkward in not being able to wear a Dior suit comfortably

- Now, my style is pretty much boiled down to a utilitarian, functional wardrobe of dark/clean outfits. i've nailed my look to a precise tee and i don't think or analyze what or how i wear like i used to. I think i'm good at this point (again, not to be a narcissistic jackass, just stating things as it is)

i just can't wait to get out of this weather so i can get back to my favored uniform of black blazers/overcoats and trousers with a rotation of unkempt t-shirts and stark button downs.

Wow, where to start.

Well about 4 yrs ago (8-9 grade) I was into the whole Jordan phase and found myself buying more and more pairs, which eventually led to the curiosity into other sneakers. I found myself indulged in Dunks (Sbs, Pro Bs, Co.Jp, an etc). Thats where my sneakerhead scene started.

Two years later I was still into the whole sneaker phase and I was in New York over Christmas for the holidays. My family and I stayed at The Plaza, which is a couple hundred feet from 5th Avenue. I started to wonder off in the streets and going into random stores (Such as Burberry. YSL, Gucci, Ferregamo, Versace, and etc etc..). It started out with me trying on loafers and once I tryed them on I was hooked. Than I would wander around stores looking for fitted jeans and polos/button ups in which I could pair with my loafers. For the next 2 years I found myself caught up in a ultra sheek sort of type fashion mode. Fitted Jeans with loafers that would be paired with a polo or a button up. I found myself caught up with brand names. Costly lifestyle, but I certainly dont regret it.

I graduated from high school this past year and I was accepted at a college here in Miami, Florida. I knew while I was in college I wouldnt be able to dress the way I did for many reasons. The weather, security purposes, and plus having a wardrobe worth an abundant amount of money didn't culiminate too well either. So I found myself wearing sneakers that I had never worn before (100-120 pairs or so). Which than leaked into me being hooked unto dry denim, hoodys, and shirts with insane color combos/images. Now I'm back into my sneaker phase more so than ever. Bad thing about it is that I live on campus and the rooms are tiny. I've managed to keep over 60 some odd pairs in my room, more than 75 % of them were bought new down her in Miami. Im rather enact in the Miami sneaker scene and I was in New York over Christmas again. Lets say I didnt manage to roam around 5th avenue, but more so the shops in Soho (Supreme, DQM, Alife, and etc etc.)

Thanks !

Wow, where to start.

Well about 4 yrs ago (8-9 grade) I was into the whole Jordan phase and found myself buying more and more pairs, which eventually led to the curiosity into other sneakers. I found myself indulged in Dunks (Sbs, Pro Bs, Co.Jp, an etc). Thats where my sneakerhead scene started.

Two years later I was still into the whole sneaker phase and I was in New York over Christmas for the holidays. My family and I stayed at The Plaza, which is a couple hundred feet from 5th Avenue. I started to wonder off in the streets and going into random stores (Such as Burberry. YSL, Gucci, Ferregamo, Versace, and etc etc..). It started out with me trying on loafers and once I tryed them on I was hooked. Than I would wander around stores looking for fitted jeans and polos/button ups in which I could pair with my loafers. For the next 2 years I found myself caught up in a ultra sheek sort of type fashion mode. Fitted Jeans with loafers that would be paired with a polo or a button up. I found myself caught up with brand names. Costly lifestyle, but I certainly dont regret it.

I graduated from high school this past year and I was accepted at a college here in Miami, Florida. I knew while I was in college I wouldnt be able to dress the way I did for many reasons. The weather, security purposes, and plus having a wardrobe worth an abundant amount of money didn't culiminate too well either. So I found myself wearing sneakers that I had never worn before (100-120 pairs or so). Which than leaked into me being hooked unto dry denim, hoodys, and shirts with insane color combos/images. Now I'm back into my sneaker phase more so than ever. Bad thing about it is that I live on campus and the rooms are tiny. I've managed to keep over 60 some odd pairs in my room, more than 75 % of them were bought new down her in Miami. Im rather enact in the Miami sneaker scene and I was in New York over Christmas again. Lets say I didnt manage to roam around 5th avenue, but more so the shops in Soho (Supreme, DQM, Alife, and etc etc.)

Thanks !

odd, I can't think of any other place to go to school other than Miami that is more appropriate for the loafers/polo/slacks money look. Going to school in Michigan, I sometimes feel outta place wearing a tailored blazer and jeans that aren't cut at the hem and dangle awkwardly over a pair of new balances...so i can see where that kinda mentality would make sense.

But man you're in the Port of Miami! PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT... ;)

odd, I can't think of any other place to go to school other than Miami that is more appropriate for the loafers/polo/slacks money look. Going to school in Michigan, I sometimes feel outta place wearing a tailored blazer and jeans that aren't cut at the hem and dangle awkwardly over a pair of new balances...so i can see where that kinda mentality would make sense.

But man you're in the Port of Miami! PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT... ;)

Ironic isnt it. At times I find myself throwing on that type of fit and it feels incredible. Especially when I'm out by the ocean and theres a cool breeze aroind.