Robert Geller FW 07 / 08

Guest bed

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did, quality is very good for the price point and I respect the idea of presenting a more fashion forward approach to a mid-market brand, something that definitely fills a void in the american designer landscape. If you're mostly a customer of high-end labels though you might find the finition/detailing to be inferior that what you're usually looking for, although Geller can't be faulted for that, it just means you might not be part of the target market. I tried on the jacket with elastic sleeves and bottom ($425=great price), and would have liked the jacket to be longer (it basically ends at my beltline). I'm still unsure if they just changed the design between prototyping and producing or just released two versions of the jacket.

Would you say it's a good weight for socal, mouko mentioned it had a removable lining and thus was the case. I like it, just don't know how much yet and I want a nice parka without dropping a ton of money on one since I like jackets more.

Would you say it's a good weight for socal, mouko mentioned it had a removable lining and thus was the case. I like it, just don't know how much yet and I want a nice parka without dropping a ton of money on one since I like jackets more.

Dude, you're in SoCal, you don't need a fucking parka, you're just looking for one because you probably love outerwear so stop bullshitting yourself, i'd say you'll wear any parka you buy 2 times top, unless you travel a lot to cold climates.

Man, it's 100 degrees in Sept! I think we're gonna be lucky to wear sweaters this winter....sucks!

I know man I been indoors all day hahahaa.

Dude, you're in SoCal, you don't need a fucking parka, you're just looking for one because you probably love outerwear so stop bullshitting yourself, i'd say you'll wear any parka you buy 2 times top, unless you travel a lot to cold climates.

Consider my dreams shattered.

PS. It hit high 30s here one time last year :eek:

Trust me man, I love jackets/coats too, I just have a hard time justifying them with our weather.

What's funny though, is the first year I moved down here, it was pouring and cold throughout the whole Winter! But it hasn't really been like that since...

I want that MA hooded coat.....bad... :D

Cas don't listen to these supergays get the ma coat that shit's a bargain!!! It gets plenty cold (low 50s) to wear that shit. I remember it was fuckin freezing last winter when it was in the 40s, thought my nuts were going to fall off.

PS. Time for some nice wool or cash socks too!

• 3 weeks later...

Bumpin' this... Stels in Boston has a lot of the pieces and I gotta say I like em' a lot. I looked at that brown sweater in the outfit that people like except in grey and its pretty interesting. The body is french terry (like inside out, with the all the little loops on the outside) and the arms are "normal". The body fits relatively slim but them the sleaves are wide and baggy. 150 bucks, not bad. Might go get it when it starts to cool off more.

One of the NYC clique give me a head nod when Odin gets in more than the five pieces they got now (which i find pretty underwhelming in all honesty) If they get that trench or those long ass gloves, they might be redeemed....I'm up in the sticks these days so i need some eyes on the block.

Looks like they got the rest in. Didn't see any gloves, but they got the trench, short blazer thing, long belted shawl collar sweater, bunch of shirts, overcoat/parka thing, jeans, double-breasted cardigan thing, some other stuff. The belted sweater was the highlight for me. The trench is nice, but a little overdesigned for my liking. Though, I did like the leather lacing detail on the cuff.

Personally, I think Rag & Bone next door made Robert Geller seem a little obsolete.

• 2 weeks later...
I did, quality is very good for the price point and I respect the idea of presenting a more fashion forward approach to a mid-market brand, something that definitely fills a void in the american designer landscape. If you're mostly a customer of high-end labels though you might find the finition/detailing to be inferior that what you're usually looking for, although Geller can't be faulted for that, it just means you might not be part of the target market. I tried on the jacket with elastic sleeves and bottom ($425=great price), and would have liked the jacket to be longer (it basically ends at my beltline). I'm still unsure if they just changed the design between prototyping and producing or just released two versions of the jacket.

geller07.10.jpg

Is this the parka that was mentioned? what $?

Today I took some quick pictures of what we received at Blackbird of the F/W collection. In addition to this we also got the Balmondo and neck strap shirts and the fingerless gloves (which are already pending sale.) No prices yet or anything; I just wanted to take some pictures of the items. A rather small buy.

The leather bomber was my favourite piece with the wool strap coat being a very close second. The thing making me prefer the bomber was probably the fact that it was what best fits my style. The other coats are really cool but seem harder to wear casually; they're also cut a little bigger as they are obviously meant as overcoats.

bomber1.jpg

bomber2.jpg

bomber3.jpg

bomber4.jpg

Leather Bomber. The fit on this is really amazing. The collar is lamb fur.

cotton(waxed)strap.jpg

Waxed cotton strap coat

woolstrap1.jpg

woolstrap2.jpg

woolstrap3.jpg

Wool strap coat. I love the wool on this. It is a blend of something like 85% wool/10% angora/5% nylon (five or take some percentage between the wool and angora.) it is really soft and drapes perfectly. The lining is a ridiculously soft polyester creation.

prussian1.jpg

prussian2.jpg

Prussian coat. Another stupidly soft collar lining.