Robert Geller FW 07 / 08

Guest bed

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic looks with very impressive accents, I really like the overall feel. The last look really jumped out at me, but they're all really nice. Also, anyone who makes suspenders look that good is OK by my book.

Any information of price points, where to buy, more info, etc? Can't seem to find much info on Google.

I've never heard of this guy, but the stuff looks really good. I second todesengel: any info on prices, stores, etc. would be cool.

he used to be a cloak partner. i think he was also the 'fabrics' guy, but he left i beileve after f/w 04. he had a women's line last season named 'harald', and it was wonderful.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi -

I have the dinner jacket/bomber combo in a size small --- fits someone who would regularly wear a small size perfectly (for example, a small in APC as a standard or a size 38). I bought it from Scout - they are currently sold out. I am going to send it back tomorrow for credit if noone is interested on here (prefer to get the money back). Let me know ASAP!

bumping this cause I searched before I posted a new thread on his AW0708 stuff and found this. Glad to see people are feeling it.

I'm excited to get a feel of some of these pieces come summers end.

I'm currently working with robert at his studio. The quality is really top notch especially at his prices. I personally feel the new spring line is better in quality than his fall (marginally though, fall is still great), probably because fall was the first time he's worked with the production factory. But still good nonetheless. The washed leather and denim is really good imo.

Pieces are starting to show up on some Japanese online shops...

http://shop.yumetenpo.jp/goods/goodsList.jsp?st=k-leaf.com&category=1:6&action=category

http://www.7-store.net/?mode=cate&cbid=226109&csid=0

I'm hoping to get the leaf t-shirt and, when they are out, the mod's coat and cuffed blazer thing. I'm really hoping that the size 46 fits me.. :(

I would love to see some of that leatherwear in person. Any news on US shops carrying the line?

NYC - Odin, Camouflage, Hollander and lexer

LA/Santa Monica - Scout, Hollywood trading co.

Boston - Stel's

Seattle - Blackbird

The leather is soft and real nice. Robert uses the same aging/treatments on the leather that he did at Cloak.

As for people wondering about the fit, I would say its slim, but not really Dior skinny. I'd say on the par of Helmut Lang in terms of pieces I've seen on the fit. Just right imo.

I've been looking for a parka and that one is the nicest yet.

Has anyone handled it yet and any feedback?

are you talking about the parka vest? It's heavy, thick fabric (Don't remember what it was) and really warm. IMO one of the better pieces for fall.

I IMed jet about this but I thought I'd post it here too. The parka is light but has a nice sherling lining that is removable for "warmer" winter days. Great piece.

I did, quality is very good for the price point and I respect the idea of presenting a more fashion forward approach to a mid-market brand, something that definitely fills a void in the american designer landscape. If you're mostly a customer of high-end labels though you might find the finition/detailing to be inferior that what you're usually looking for, although Geller can't be faulted for that, it just means you might not be part of the target market. I tried on the jacket with elastic sleeves and bottom ($425=great price), and would have liked the jacket to be longer (it basically ends at my beltline). I'm still unsure if they just changed the design between prototyping and producing or just released two versions of the jacket.

Fuuma- Where'd you check the stuff out at?

P.S. Hope your NY trip is goin' smashingly!

Saw the stuff at Odin.

OMC: jeans with leather pulls were $220 (I think?), basically less than cloak, as the $425 price on the jacket would leave you to believe.

GG: trip is going very well, I'm at Joey's place right now and we had a few beers with Faust today, overall a great trip. Atelier's buys was very strong this season and I was delighted by what they had to offer, I was pleasantly surprised by the MA+ leather shirt, it is absolutely gorgeous in person and fits me perfectly, I'm just not sure having two leather shirts is ok, unless I plan to have a major lifestyle switch and get the nickname "leather boy". Those RO double layer shirts are great too, PM me if you know the best place to get them from.