M.O.A

lets talk cons...chucks, jacks anything...

anyone ever find those jp mids? they're so perfectly minimal--i never could stand the branding on chuck his.

thinking of finally getting some high tops. was wondering if white or off-white would look better beat up?

anyone ever find those jp mids? they're so perfectly minimal--i never could stand the branding on chuck his.

only in japan. you can find and buy em on zozo.jp but might be a bit costly. there's a converse x aloha rag jp that's pretty similar except they have a red plaid lining. i'm sure you can find those on ebay or google.

To anyone that owns any of those 70's repro CT's can you say whether or not they have removable insoles or if it feels like a normal pair of CT's? Thanks.

(Non-First String release)

Edited by Mikeyone4life

With regards to these CTs, has anyone else noticed that the midsole is glossy/shiny??

Wondering if it can be fixed via fine sandpaper or something similar?

@mikeyone4life

Just copped. From what i can tell the insoles are removable (glued on but easily peeled out). Dont rly know how it conpares to other chucks though.

Also on topic of the 1970s everyone's copping; anyone else experiencing more chafing then normal chucks on the hi-tops? I took em off at the end of the day yesterday and my heel was literally bleeding (even with socks on). Probably gonn take them to the tailor to add some padding. 

This is a long shot but does anyone happen to know any places with the converse straight shooters oxfords (low) in black/off white or natural? Looking for size 8.5/9

Can provide pics later.

Construction seems good, shape is perfect. 

Better colourways than regular chucks.

Great price (mine were like 65 AUD).

Can anyone identify how exactly these differ from first strings? as far as i can tell the shape and construction is the same.

tried on 1970s today. insole infinitely comfier than normal chucks (not sure how they hold up after a lot of wear tho)

construction is nicer, all the canvas is like double layered. better heel support, laces, stitching, as well

Ive never owned either but from what Ive seen and heard FS just have the original 70s plate and the extra black cloth running vertically along the back is another shade of black or has another type of stitching. People on eBay are selling FS for like $200-300. I want a pair of 70s but I know my flat feet would look bad in them

Quick comparison of First String 1970s CTs and the recent non-FS CTs (FS on the left in pics).

The midsoles of the FSs were a lot shinier when new, but went away after a few wears. Insoles seem similar, glued in. The non-FS seem more comfortable, but that's probably because they're newer and I haven't worn them that much.

eMsyIj6.jpg

eKWM6x3.jpg

gvN9ABx.jpg

oObelZ2.jpg

1E8Cg0I.jpg

Is the sizing of the 1970s the same as standard chucks?

I wear 42 CP, US10 Nike.

I have US9.5 Chuck Hi that fit good almost everywhere, but they mash the hell out of my little toe (right foot)

Yes it is.. I even sized down from a 9 to a 8.5. I also own the Neighborhood lows in a 9, they are quite roomy..

And so much better then the regular chucks. I couldn't last more then a couple of hours on the regular chucks.These I can wear all day. 

tried on 1970s. cushy. really good. been years since my last pair of chucks, think i tired myself out as i only had one pair and decided they were all i'd need for a couple years. thinking of copping a pair but feel like i should cop hiking boots first x_x