lets talk cons...chucks, jacks anything...

M.O.A

I've never owned a pair of converse anything. Even when I was young. I wore desert boots only.

Chucks are like tattoos, I think they look great on some people.

btw there are helmut lang chucks for sale in my sig ↓

Why the hell does every girl on my college campus has a pair of chucks.

Was this another one of those trends started by a hollywood celeb?

I keep having to repeat this... how the hell is a 60 year old shoe design that can be seen in everything from West Side Story to (I think) The Breakfast Club to the feet of Kurt Cobain a 'trend'? Certainly since Nirvana they've been the staple shoe of general rock fans the world over, I can't really speak before that what with being 22.

I keep having to repeat this... how the hell is a 60 year old shoe design that can be seen in everything from West Side Story to (I think) The Breakfast Club to the feet of Kurt Cobain a 'trend'? Certainly since Nirvana they've been the staple shoe of general rock fans the world over, I can't really speak before that what with being 22.

i agree. it's completely transcended the idea of a "trend" and become a complete classic in every sense of the word...and it's BEEN like that!

on that note, some interesting japonverse

new-converse.jpg

also i guess these all have newly designed insoles, so now you have absolutely nothing to complain about...damn.

Any love for Tretorn? I've been wanting some of the Gullwing Tournies for a while, but iI can't see spending 80 on them

I love trentorns...Bought a pair d/s at some flea market, canvas, grey gullwing, $5...I love them and kicked around in em, but i might sell em. rep

thanks kix and sub. from what i've heard from guys working at shoe stores in japan, when converse went bankrupt few years ago a japanese company bought the converse name to be used just in japan. that's why they can pretty much produce whatever fuck models they want to, like the one i have, without having nike (who owns converse) approving it.

one thing about this is that they can't put "made in u.s.a." anywhere on their shoes because they aren't. and that's why many japanese kids value "made in u.s.a." chucks and other converse sneakers more than the stuff they can readily buy, even though there are numbers of dope stuff we can't get over here. funny.

I've still got my US made black chucks from way back when. I've been wearing them out lately.

St. Alfreds has their fancy purse leather lo chucks on display. It's a (red) product, but don't hold that against them. If I were going to buy a pair of textured leather shoes, they'd be the ones.

i agree. it's completely transcended the idea of a "trend" and become a complete classic in every sense of the word...and it's BEEN like that!

on that note, some interesting japonverse

new-converse.jpg

also i guess these all have newly designed insoles, so now you have absolutely nothing to complain about...damn.

The new insole is amazing. 10x more comfortable than vans.

Do you actually own the three pairs? Fragment chucks...eh?

The new insole is amazing. 10x more comfortable than vans.

Do you actually own the three pairs? Fragment chucks...eh?

oh god, i wishh (as im sure many of us do) that i owned all three of these. but alas, the picture was taken from the beast... im really feelin those bluish purcells, but as for the fragment's... money.

what's the pair in the center?

i will be picking up an extra pair of the junya converse soon

"one to stock. one to rock."

all i know is the checkered chucks are designed by junya watanabe, the purcells are a japan exclusive in royal blue, and the blackies with the black toe cap are a fragment collabo...

would love to learn some price points and availability as well tho...

a year ago i had two pairs of converse IDs ... one high, one low ... ... all black uppers, with white midsoles ... just like the hiroshi joints ... and took black markers to the toe just for that look. keeps the utility the toe without contrasting toe cap. while the markers did rub a bit which gave it a pretty neat kinda effect ... i really just wanted that toe cap to stay black.

i'm going to buy a few of those fuckers.

corso como was selling the checkered ones for 20,000 yen

i passed

but i picked up in the states b/c they are pretty much 1/2 off of the retail

in japon

The Jackass 2 leather Chuck His are pretty nice, black stitching and parchment coloured rubber. Told myself not to spend that much on Chucks due to the short longevity of the outsoles but these were pretty sweet and hell, they stopped me from buying Kiefers.

Anyone know if/where I could get ahold of optical white velcro ("3 strap") chucks? Low or high top, leather or canvas, whatever. I found these: http://www.converse.com/zproductdetails.asp?zcatid=2&zsubcatid=&zgenid=&leftnavid=1&sku=1U419

but I really prefer them with the red and blue stripes around the sole.

Just paint them yourself, son.