lets talk cons...chucks, jacks anything...

M.O.A

yea i got a pair of converse jp and been wearing them to death.. man those are hot..

i will post a pic up later..

not sure what material they are made of.. doesn't seems like suede or canvas or leather but they feel real good.. the great thing about them is they are not rubber soles but crepe soles!

thanks kix and sub. from what i've heard from guys working at shoe stores in japan, when converse went bankrupt few years ago a japanese company bought the converse name to be used just in japan. that's why they can pretty much produce whatever fuck models they want to, like the one i have, without having nike (who owns converse) approving it.

one thing about this is that they can't put "made in u.s.a." anywhere on their shoes because they aren't. and that's why many japanese kids value "made in u.s.a." chucks and other converse sneakers more than the stuff they can readily buy, even though there are numbers of dope stuff we can't get over here. funny.

Vans for life. I had a pair of black and white chuck lo's a while back but i've since trashed them. I might get another pair but I haven't bought anything but Vans since I got my first ones.

Any love for Tretorn? I've been wanting some of the Gullwing Tournies for a while, but iI can't see spending 80 on them when I can get four pairs of chucks for the same price (the Converse outlet store by my house is rad).

I like white chucks and JPs bright white - as soon as they show any dirt, I wanna chuck em. Black, for some reason is the opposite - they look best dirty.

Guest StuckOnStupid
yea i got a pair of converse jp and been wearing them to death.. man those are hot..

i will post a pic up later..

not sure what material they are made of.. doesn't seems like suede or canvas or leather but they feel real good.. the great thing about them is they are not rubber soles but crepe soles!

pics of the crepes?

There isnt alot here for chucks or cons in general (as far as selection). That being said, I was in hong kong last month and I would say 80% of people on the streets were wearing chucks, I saw some dope stuff and heres what I picked up.

SUC50483.JPG

off white HK onestar, never seen these in US

SUC50484.JPG

SUC50485.JPG

Finland Chucks.

heres my next purchase

Japanese leather one star

img26424908.jpg

thanks kix and sub. from what i've heard from guys working at shoe stores in japan, when converse went bankrupt few years ago a japanese company bought the converse name to be used just in japan. that's why they can pretty much produce whatever fuck models they want to, like the one i have, without having nike (who owns converse) approving it.

one thing about this is that they can't put "made in u.s.a." anywhere on their shoes because they aren't. and that's why many japanese kids value "made in u.s.a." chucks and other converse sneakers more than the stuff they can readily buy, even though there are numbers of dope stuff we can't get over here. funny.

chicken, what they told you is pretty accurate, but when did you hear this?

honestly the kids don't really care if it is made in the usa anymore.

converse jp produces so much more interesting models then america not to mention all the double label models that they sanction for japanese brands. the market is flooded with typical american models and ABC stores undercut other small boutiques, thus monopolizing and burying the rest of the competition (and in my opinion rarely do stylists or trendsetters shop or endorse the larger "unhip" chains). sure you'll see a monotone black or white in some other huge chain, but american converse (other then select varvatos, barney's and foreign collabs) are not moving. the number of made in america converse enthusiasts in japan are little to none. i do anticipate a very small change, because converse america has been making an effort. as of 2007 there will be alot of great models coming out, but if they can actually sell in japan is the question. one of the biggest problems is japanese consumer mentality and converse america's low price points.

do you know if converse jp has to still pay royalties to converse in america (which is owned by nike anyway)?

i like purcells but the sole wears out super fast, and it causes slipping incidents, ha. chucks are great. recently i bought a pair of vintage 1946 off-white chuck taylors(lo cut). these are even more comfy than the usual chucks. will post pics soon. i kinda liked the varvatos chucks, but after much consideration, its not really worth the cash for its material and all.

wow those finnish chucks are the bomb. where can i get some man