lets talk cons...chucks, jacks anything...

M.O.A

anyone ever find those jp mids? they're so perfectly minimal--i never could stand the branding on chuck his.

only in japan. you can find and buy em on zozo.jp but might be a bit costly. there's a converse x aloha rag jp that's pretty similar except they have a red plaid lining. i'm sure you can find those on ebay or google.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Also on topic of the 1970s everyone's copping; anyone else experiencing more chafing then normal chucks on the hi-tops? I took em off at the end of the day yesterday and my heel was literally bleeding (even with socks on). Probably gonn take them to the tailor to add some padding. 

Can provide pics later.

Construction seems good, shape is perfect. 

Better colourways than regular chucks.

Great price (mine were like 65 AUD).

Can anyone identify how exactly these differ from first strings? as far as i can tell the shape and construction is the same.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive never owned either but from what Ive seen and heard FS just have the original 70s plate and the extra black cloth running vertically along the back is another shade of black or has another type of stitching. People on eBay are selling FS for like $200-300. I want a pair of 70s but I know my flat feet would look bad in them

Quick comparison of First String 1970s CTs and the recent non-FS CTs (FS on the left in pics).

The midsoles of the FSs were a lot shinier when new, but went away after a few wears. Insoles seem similar, glued in. The non-FS seem more comfortable, but that's probably because they're newer and I haven't worn them that much.

eMsyIj6.jpg

eKWM6x3.jpg

gvN9ABx.jpg

oObelZ2.jpg

1E8Cg0I.jpg

I own Addicts, First String 70's and general release 70's and I like my Addicts most, though it's probably all in my head. 70's have cushier insoles but I prefer the heavier canvas uppers on my Addicts. They fit slightly narrower than 70's.