cecil

Belts

Was in new york last week and couldn't resist this new samurai x KC's belt at BiG

2402400047_2865cc4b66.jpg

this thing is thick and heavy... I think I could use it as a tow rope if my car breaks down.

any more info on this? i bought a KC belt back in february and i love it. i didn't know they were collaborating with samurai

looking good Corter! I just got mine in the mail today, thanks for the quick shipping. Pretty sweet belt, can't wait to give it some wear and tear!

+repped

Go through the Vari site to get yours. They take paypal and ship to the US. You want pay the outrageous US price for them either. About a month ago I got the black and brown SC garrison belts, $175 shipped for both.

Also, Planet Mental wasn't as good as the 7"s, in my opinion.

Denim Phenom - I just ordered a Sugar Cane Garrison belt thru the Vari site based on your referral. Should ship on Monday. So far so good. Very easy and great communication. Thanks...

Go through the Vari site to get yours. They take paypal and ship to the US. You want pay the outrageous US price for them either. About a month ago I got the black and brown SC garrison belts, $175 shipped for both.

Also, Planet Mental wasn't as good as the 7"s, in my opinion.

what is the Vari site? link plz?

The flathead-belt is great, but i tend to stay away from anything with the word "nickle" in it, so i would probably chose the ironheart one.

-----------------------

Unless you are rocking full ironheart in 25+ degrees celcius,

don't even talk to me.

why do you say that?

are nickleplated belt buckles bad?

how abour nickle plated buckles with solid brass underneath?

some people have an allergy to nickel and it gives them a nasty rash if it touches their skin. Personally I don't like plated metals much as it will eventually wear off and look a bit shitty.

some people have an allergy to nickel and it gives them a nasty rash if it touches their skin. Personally I don't like plated metals much as it will eventually wear off and look a bit shitty.

I have to agree, I'm one of those nickle intolerant people...

I discovered it when I had a pair of glasses and the paint started coming off the hinges, so the nickle touched my skin...

titanium glasses only from now on...

I'm not allergic to nickel, but the point is that if you have a lot of contact with the damn material you can develop become it.

I know a guy that isn't able to eat food from cans because of it :S

but the point is that if you have a lot of contact with the damn material you can develop become it.

I think it depends on how chemically inert the metal is. Silver and gold are very inert. You see people wear gold wedding bands for 50+ years with no adverse affects. Too bad it's so expensive. I don't know what the tin pewter on my Sam buckles are going to do to me in a couple of years. :confused:

I think it depends on how chemically inert the metal is. Silver and gold are very inert. You see people wear gold wedding bands for 50+ years with no adverse affects. Too bad it's so expensive. I don't know what the tin pewter on my Sam buckles are going to do to me in a couple of years. :confused:

is it the same with brass? my belt buckle is brass...

what about steel?

is it the same with brass? my belt buckle is brass...

what about steel?

The metal that causes allergy is predominantly nickel. It may be in other alloys in small quantities and have an effect. If you have a rash or dermatitis from wearing metal spectacle frames, belt buckles, carrying coins in pockets, watch straps, then you may have an allergy. Nickel is found in trace amounts in all sorts of alloys.

fresco i want you to post pictures of you wearing you wonderful new samurai belt at this instance! now! thanks!

oh yeah I forgot about that. I'll do it when I get home and have my camera.

looks good, is it as thick as the other samurai belts?

how thick are they fresco? did you compare it to the other samurai belt at BIG?

just received my Obenaufs LP in the mail today and applied it to my Corter natural belt... Looks great already and its only been out getting some sun for half a day! I'll post after pics this weekend.

If you want a selection of the best 1920's to 1970's belts get back at me and I will take some pics of the kind of belts you looking for. If it is out there I have it.

looks nice enough but it's not much use without any info...