Belts

cecil

Does the weight of the leather directly correlate with how thick it is? For example, could a 14oz leather be really thin and dense?

Weight is the measure of thickness that non-metric folk use for leather.

Yep. I asked for the Mike special.

Nice... :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That Nike belt up there is pretty interesting... Never expected anything even remotely resembling that to come from them. Cool find.

This is probably a very stupid question, but has anyone recently ordered from Corter Leather? Pulled the trigger on one of his belts about a week ago; once payment was sent I received an (auto-response) email stating that his email address has been changed. Naturally I emailed his "new" address to confirm he's still getting the orders... No word. I assume he's just busy? I know they take a few weeks, but just don't want to wait any additional time.

Just picked up a Lgc bridle belt in light brown 1-3/4 width. this belt rocks!

2012-03-14_17-39-43_423.jpg

color with indoor lighting

2012-03-15_15-45-56_170.jpg

top view

2012-03-14_17-46-44_952.jpg

in sunlight

2012-03-15_15-46-11_339.jpg

close up - indoors

Just pulled the trigger on one of these. Anybody else deal with lgc? He seems like a good dude.

How do these compare to the lucky belts?

• 2 weeks later...

so... no confirmation from the board a few posts back, but i did get my corter belt despite no word from the man.

took about three and a half weeks. looks great.

^^ I feel your pain.

But congrats on the belt!

I actually bought one of the LGC belts like above, but got it a bit too short. Selling it in the market if anybody is interested.

Ordered a couple longer ones though, they're great.

thanks. having one "made to measure" (per se) was kind of interesting, because it's much shorter than anything i've ever worn. fits spot on though. i'd def recommend it if you're willing to wait

Hermann Oak Old World Harness @5mm

2nuuiko.jpg

7310eq.jpg

Very dense, very thick piece of leather. I love the vintage brown hue. Truly remarkable

Next up

W&C chestnut "English" Bridle @5mm (I'll post more pics later)

ayarut.jpg

Unlike HO it doesn't feel as dense or as stiff, colors are uniform. And surprisingly quite dry for bridle. Despite it's vanilla appearance I'm pretty sure it holds a lot of aging potential.

Question for you leather heads: bought a tan Tanner Goods belt mooonths ago, at a sz 36. I've lost a lot of weight and I've made holes in it, but now the tongue is to long. What's the best way of shortening it? Simply cutting it? Should I treat the ends of it with something?

Thanks

Question for you leather heads: bought a tan Tanner Goods belt mooonths ago, at a sz 36. I've lost a lot of weight and I've made holes in it, but now the tongue is to long. What's the best way of shortening it? Simply cutting it? Should I treat the ends of it with something?

Thanks

Email [email protected] and we'll see what we can do about helping you out.

• 3 weeks later...